WOW DJI have done something right and pulled 3.10

Re: WARNING - IMU initialization failure after 3.10 update

Crisis is over. Since today, Assistant 3.6 now allows downgrade firmware from 3.10 to 3.8. :D :D :D

Learned lesson: never upgrade firmware as soon is available. Wait at least one month. :twisted:

Re: WARNING - IMU initialization failure after 3.10 update

So they finally pulled 3.10 and are offering 3.08 through the assistant as an "upgrade".....and everyone lived happily ever after..... until the nightmare of a new firmware is released.

Why don't we learn....... DJI are not good at this firmware lark...

So I have a phantom vision (non plus) with the 1.0.46(1520) iPhone app and never upgraded to 3.10 on phantom. The app crashes all the time with moving gimbal. Is there a way to fix this?

If the Iphone has updated the app to the newer version then no, unlike the Android, you cant downgrade an app unless you have a backup, that said some with the same problem have upgraded the camera firmware to 1.30 and all was ok.

OK- I have yet to fly...please could someone advise.
I HAD upgraded the firmware to 3.10 4 days ago & have just downgraded back to 3.08 with the bird.
the APP appears to connect & I can see & control the camera. The app version is 1.0.54...on an android platform
the version on the RC is 1.2, while the firmware is 1.02.31
...need I do anything else?- I plan to fly in 2 days time & am currently having a cow!

rodyork said:
OK- I have yet to fly...please could someone advise.
I HAD upgraded the firmware to 3.10 4 days ago & have just downgraded back to 3.08 with the bird.
the APP appears to connect & I can see & control the camera. The app version is 1.0.54...on an android platform
the version on the RC is 1.2, while the firmware is 1.02.31
...need I do anything else?- I plan to fly in 2 days time & am currently having a cow!

Don't have a cow just yet - wait until your first flight :)

From what you describe above I would say congrats on avaoiding v3.10 firmware but other than that (in my opinion) you're good to go. Just read up as much as possible about all aspects of the bird especially Simon Newtons Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen/videos which is an excellent source of information.

Also check out the differences between Phantom mode and Naza mode (I would say most users here use Naza mode as it gives a lot more flexibility and user choices) but maybe some would say for brand new users Phantom mode might be good to start with.

But above all stay calm and don't fly too far just yet until you feel at ease with everything..
Happy flying!

FourBlade!-(in a tannoy style voice) "the cow has been avoided"!(thanks to your calming words!)
Im reading and watching like there is no tomorrow & can now nearly smell simons wine and dog after he has walked her!

Im staying in the "out of the box mode" until I have earned my stripes...which currently are in my underpants...but I hope soon to change all of this ;)

I recently purchased a perspex base cover & have fashioned an aluminium "bracket" covering the gimbal weakest point- such is my confidence in my top gun style prowess.

I will report back; hopefully with kelly McGillis on my arm & a grin on my face.

Regards
Rod

rodyork said:
FourBlade!-(in a tannoy style voice) "the cow has been avoided"!(thanks to your calming words!)
Im reading and watching like there is no tomorrow & can now nearly smell simons wine and dog after he has walked her!

Im staying in the "out of the box mode" until I have earned my stripes...which currently are in my underpants...but I hope soon to change all of this ;)

I recently purchased a perspex base cover & have fashioned an aluminium "bracket" covering the gimbal weakest point- such is my confidence in my top gun style prowess.

I will report back; hopefully with kelly McGillis on my arm & a grin on my face.

Regards
Rod
Another useful tip - before you fly you might want to go here http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/ and check on how many satellites are up there in the sky where you are. Just enter your location and it will show you a graph overview of when the best (and worst) time is to fly!

Steve

Fourblade ;)
Thank you very much- this will give me an indicator of satellites I should expect to find!
....REALLY helpful- thank you ever so much
Rod

Interesting thing I often have this IMU error when starting sometimes, but after power cycling it's back to normal. Not sure if it's because my Phantom hit the ground the first day I was flying with it, or its a natural error that came with it.

Anyway, good to know that I don't have to change my NAZA to another one - just need to remove it and apply some force. Hope I don't ever need to do this, though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl