Would like to replace battery in remote controller

The remote controller is for a Phantom 3 SE. Do anyone have any recommendations? Or Part number?
I want to order it on Amazon.
Are you sure it is bad ? I thought mine had went bad in one of my controllers and just opened it up enough to unplug it then repluged it and was fine. Like say rebooted it.

Reactions: dewens
Further to dirkclod's message above, sometimes it's just the balance-charging circuit boards within the battery itself which go wrong as well. That was the problem with mine (discharging very quickly) so I removed the board and put some balance leads in so that I could charge and discharge it with my usual balance charger.

My old controller battery works perfectly now and I also fitted an XT30 connector and put the lead outside the controller, so not only is my controller lighter with no battery inside, but I can also use any of my normal 2S lipos for it now.

However, if that's not your thing, the standard battery is a 2S1P 6000mAh battery (44.4Wh) and can be bought from here:-

or, alternatively, here:-

Last edited:
Speaking of controller batteries. What’s the best way to discharge the controller battery for storage? I hate to leave it fully charged for the winter. Not really a cold weather flyer.

Reactions: dewens
Discharge it down to around two LEDs by leaving it switched on, putting it somewhere out the way so the beeping alarm won't annoy you. But don't forget all about it and let it discharge too far.

I tried leaving it on to bring the battery down but it shuts itself off. Any suggestions?

The remote controller is for a Phantom 3 SE. Do anyone have any recommendations? Or Part number?
I want to order it on Amazon.
Did you try the reboot trick. Update please ?
Speaking of controller batteries. What’s the best way to discharge the controller battery for storage? I hate to leave it fully charged for the winter. Not really a cold weather flyer.
Let’s stay on topic please. ?

I brought a new battery for the remote controller and it works great!!
I got a 4500 mil amp battery for my Phantom 3 SE. They work great!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20