Wonky Motors?

Reaction score
Erm, just took delivery of my P3P and noticed all four of my motors don't sit straight on the arms.... No way was it like this on my P2V+.

Is this normal? I somehow don't think so...

thumb_IMG_3479_1024.jpg

Phew! I've been reading this forum and rcg loads but must have missed this nugget of info. Just surprised me as P2V+ motors were straight.

Phew! I've been reading this forum and rcg loads but must have missed this nugget of info. Just surprised me as P2V+ motors were straight.
I saw a thread on here a day or so ago that spoke to it. Originally read about it in the rcg thread. Unfortunately, once I catch up there each night and then go to sleep, I wake up 21 pages behind again!

I saw a thread on here a day or so ago that spoke to it. Originally read about it in the rcg thread. Unfortunately, once I catch up there each night and then go to sleep, I wake up 21 pages behind again!
True, these pages are flying by now and it's easy to miss posts. Thanks!!

I wonder if the design also helps prevent a vortex ring state from developing and causing loss of lift.

I wonder if the design also helps prevent a vortex ring state from developing and causing loss of lift.

This probably help prevent a Vortex when descending in straight line because it would make it way harder to descend in your own prop wash, good thing i read this thread else I would of messaged DJI after getting my P3A in couple days, to return thinking it was manufacturing defects.
Do all 4 motors have the same angle ?

This probably help prevent a Vortex when descending in straight line because it would make it way harder to descend in your own prop wash, good thing i read this thread else I would of messaged DJI after getting my P3A in couple days, to return thinking it was manufacturing defects.
Do all 4 motors have the same angle ?

Yeah they're all angled. It's pretty subtle though and not super obvious with the props on, unless you're looking for it. The Inspire looks like it has a much more aggressive angle to the motors

Not to revive an old post, but this is very helpful to have confirmation of. I had a minor crash, and was concerned I broke my motors!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues