Windsurfer

dedstik linked your site in the 3rd post above.
Ya I'm not sure whats going on but a bunch of my post are getting removed for some reason.
They banned my original account because they thought i was a dji dealer when i listed a extra battery for sale in the classifieds and there response was our mistake but there's nothing we can do now. so all my help & post & hard work was wiped because of a mistake. I love helping people but there making it very hard for me. They just removed another post in someone else's forum where i made a guy a set of pins to hold the rp-sma ends where the stock antennas were so he didn't have to drill holes for his dbs/fpvlr Mod. Wtf the item didn't even exist until i started talking to him in his forum.

Ya I'm not sure whats going on but a bunch of my post are getting removed for some reason.
They banned my original account because they thought i was a dji dealer when i listed a extra battery for sale in the classifieds and there response was our mistake but there's nothing we can do now. so all my help & post & hard work was wiped because of a mistake. I love helping people but there making it very hard for me. They just removed another post in someone else's forum where i made a guy a set of pins to hold the rp-sma ends where the stock antennas were so he didn't have to drill holes for his dbs/fpvlr Mod. Wtf the item didn't even exist until i started talking to him in his forum.
Can you expand upon the pins you made to hold the rp-sma ends, to avoid drilling holes for the dbs/fpvlr Mod? Any pictures?

Windsurfer Guy
David, have you considered making a V shaped windsurfer where the sides extend well past the antenna in the middle? An engineer in an another thread here (can't find it at the moment) said and provided documentation that it was an even better method of signal focusing, than a simple parabola. In any event, even extending the edges of the existing parabola past the front of the antenna would also be a major improvement, according to the post. Your thoughts?

Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Can you expand upon the pins you made to hold the rp-sma ends, to avoid drilling holes for the dbs/fpvlr Mod? Any pictures?
A member on here started a thread about how he didn't want to drill holes but wanted to use the dbs antenna mod on his controller. So i made a set of antenna plugs that hold the RP-SMA end in Hole where the stock antennas were. Worked great for him. Here's some pictures of it. (at the risk of being labeled as spam)
20151107_223220.jpg

20151107_223359.jpg
20151107_223518.jpg
But i got to say' they did set me back. my wife and i put a lot of hard work in on this site helping people. Lot of work on the windsurfer lost.

A member on here started a thread about how he didn't want to drill holes but wanted to use the dbs antenna mod on his controller. So i made a set of antenna plugs that hold the RP-SMA end in Hole where the stock antennas were. Worked great for him. Here's some pictures of it. (at the risk of being labeled as spam)View attachment 36081
View attachment 36082 View attachment 36084 But i got to say' they did set me back. my wife and i put a lot of hard work in on this site helping people. Lot of work on the windsurfer lost.
Thanks! You are not spam! Sorry about all the problems. It is a loss to all of us, if they cannot recover your prior posts from site backups, especially if they agree it was a mistake. Surely, they must have backups archived, that can be retrieved, in a case like this! :eek:

David, have you considered making a V shaped windsurfer where the sides extend well past the antenna in the middle? An engineer in an another thread here (can't find it at the moment) said and provided documentation that it was an even better method of signal focusing, than a simple parabola. In any event, even extending the edges of the existing parabola past the front of the antenna would also be a major improvement, according to the post. Your thoughts?
Thanks! You are not spam! Sorry about all the problems. It is a loss to all of us, if they cannot recover your prior posts from site backups, especially if they agree it was a mistake. Surely, they must have backups archived, that can be retrieved, in a case like this! :eek:

It took me 2 days to get a reply and i had to re sign up to even be able to get thru to them as they banned the account. I'm the little guy. Its Just me and my wife with a passion for quads and helping people enjoy them. They didn't even offer to unban the account. Its their site they will do what they want.

Yes i have seen many designs come out since I listed my 3d printed windsurfers ( That btw was kicked into gear from a forum started on here) I was making them for the phantom 2 long time ago but they didn't take off until I made them for the phantom 3. I love the guy that sells ones with copper tape on them. Charges more & tells people it performs better. If we were using it to conduct yes but there is no effect when refracting waves. The way i look at it is windsurfers are perfect for long range on a stock battery as it can take you 3+ miles and with a stock battery your only going so far if your going to make it back safely. DBS & FPVLR are great and can take you far but they're pricey. Adding more to the sides of the windsurfer may focus it better and get you a little more distance but then you run into the controller being sensitive to the direction of your phantom. I like to keep my focus a little wider & i still get the 3+ mile range with the stock battery. Haven't found the disconnect distance yet with my windsurfer in ideal conditions.

Last edited:
It took me 2 days to get a reply and i had to re sign up to even be able to get thru to them as they banned the account. I'm the little guy. Its Just me and my wife with a passion for quads and helping people enjoy them. They didn't even offer to unban the account. Its their site they will do what they want.
Have you asked them to unban the account, and restore the posts, from backups, for the benefit of everyone, since it was supposedly a mistake on their part? Obviously, they don't "have to" but why wouldn't they, especially if it was their mistake?

Yes i have seen many designs come out since I listed my 3d printed windsurfers ( That btw was kicked into gear from a forum started on here) I was making them for the phantom 2 long time ago but they didn't take off until I made them for the phantom 3. I love the guy that sells ones with copper tape on them. Charges more & tells people it performs better. If we were using it to conduct yes but there is no effect when refracting waves. The way i look at it is windsurfers are perfect for long range on a stock battery as it can take you 3+ miles and with a stock battery your only going so far if your going to make it back safely. DBS & FPVLR are great and can take you far but they're pricey. Adding more to the sides of the windsurfer may focus it better and get you a little more distance but then you run into the controller being sensitive to the direction of your phantom. I like to keep my focus a little wider & i still get the 3+ mile range with the stock battery. Haven't found the disconnect distance yet with my windsurfer in ideal conditions.
Having also recently invested in the version 2 FPVLR mod with the boosters, I already have to deal with the sensitivity of the controller to the direction of the phantom, but the extra range is well worth it. I found your windsurfers to be directional as well at long range, as is the stock antenna, so an extra range with more directionality would not be a problem for me. I maxed yours out at 3 miles. I'll bet 4 miles might be obtainable with the perfectly designed directional windsurfer, and there is probably a demand for it. The FPVLR setup is well over 6+ miles which is as far as I'll need, but also required a battery mod to support it!

I don't want to get off topic here but yes and got no response so i just started over. I just posted my windsurfers in the classifieds. The last 2 times i posted items in there .. correctly I might add.. it was removed and banned. I listed it like they said & its like the others but will see. So if this post disappears you will know why.

I don't want to get off topic here but yes and got no response so i just started over. I just posted my windsurfers in the classifieds. The last 2 times i posted items in there .. correctly I might add.. it was removed and banned. I listed it like they said & its like the others but will see. So if this post disappears you will know why.
I understand finding a workaround in the interim, but if it were me, I would also try to find a way to actually reach those in charge. There could be a lot of unrelated reasons for no response to your request. Until you actually can reach the one in charge with your reasonable request, you won't know what is possible.

Ask one of the moderators or staff member.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
We have looked into @dynamic3dSolutionsDotcom case. His current username is in violation of our community guidelines as it is a web address. I will be updating that.

We prohibit advertising on our site outside of the classifieds section (Unless from an Approved Vendor) to keep the forum on topic and informational. Please PM me if you want more details on why your account was removed, as I would prefer not to get into a debate on this thread.

We are fine with vendors being a part of this forum as long as they are here for the sole purpose of providing information to their users rather than trying to achieve sales.

We have looked into @dynamic3dSolutionsDotcom case. His current username is in violation of our community guidelines as it is a web address. I will be updating that.

We prohibit advertising on our site outside of the classifieds section (Unless from an Approved Vendor) to keep the forum on topic and informational. Please PM me if you want more details on why your account was removed, as I would prefer not to get into a debate on this thread.

We are fine with vendors being a part of this forum as long as they are here for the sole purpose of providing information to their users rather than trying to achieve sales.
Thank you for providing some clarity to the issue. Are vendors allowed to respond to questions among members about their products in a thread? I have often seen this. I have also seen vendors introducing their apps by starting threads requesting beta participants. Is that why Dronepan stopped responding to our posts? Obviously, providing information to their users or prospective users in answers will achieve sales, as we like to support those who are responsive to our questions. I suppose it is a fine line. I have no horse in this race, so I am only seeking understanding. Thanks!

Maybe you can edit his screen name, or merge it into a new created account?

dynamic3d's is a good guy. I personally appreciate all the R&D he has been doing with the P3. Because of his efforts we now have one of the best mods ever. I'm sure he will take care of whatever business matter you two may have.

I can also relate to the advertising rules on the this website. I actually had similar but even more strict rules then found here on the last website I sold of mine. After a new member signed up a message box would pop up the 1st time they attempted to post. They had to check off that they understood the advertising rule before they given permission to be able to post. There was also a tab displayed at the top of each forum page for easy access to the rules at all times.

Reactions: nhoover
Vendors are allowed to answer questions related to their products and link to their products when appropriate as a post (i.e "Where can I find your product"). In order to start a thread promoting your product, you must be an "Approved Vendor". Hope that clears things up!

Vendors are allowed to answer questions related to their products and link to their products when appropriate as a post (i.e "Where can I find your product"). In order to start a thread promoting your product, you must be an "Approved Vendor". Hope that clears things up!
Thanks for the clarification. So the issue is vendors who are skirting the "approved vendor" classification, to save the $300 per month fee? I can see why that would not be fair to the Approved Vendors, who are paying the fee, requiring moderator enforcement of the policy.

Reactions: Jacob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik