Windows Movie Will Output 4K!

Reaction score
Windows Movie Maker is capable of 4K output!!!

So I came across this little fix the other day, and it works!!! Since this has been a frustration of mine since getting my P3P, I thought I'd share.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

While happy to discover this, I'm also annoyed that MS does not give you this option when clearly the software is capable... Grrr...

Reactions: dirkclod
Windows Movie Maker works well enough for stringing clips together, but that's about it. It doesn't make sense to me that you've invested a nice chunk of change in your bird, and then scrimped on the final step of the process; editing video.

CyberLink PowerDirector 15 is truly outstanding for the price, I paid about $50 for it. It does useful things that Movie Maker simply doesn't do, it's easy to use, it renders video in a fraction of the time Movie Makes takes, and it's very affordable.

I'm familiar with Movie Maker, I use it at work every now and then. It's OK for the price (free). It's basic and very user friendly, but it is also limited in what it can do.

Just my $.02

Cheers,
rc

Windows Movie Maker works well enough for stringing clips together, but that's about it. It doesn't make sense to me that you've invested a nice chunk of change in your bird, and then scrimped on the final step of the process; editing video.

CyberLink PowerDirector 15 is truly outstanding for the price, I paid about $50 for it. It does useful things that Movie Maker simply doesn't do, it's easy to use, it renders video in a fraction of the time Movie Makes takes, and it's very affordable.

I'm familiar with Movie Maker, I use it at work every now and then. It's OK for the price (free). It's basic and very user friendly, but it is also limited in what it can do.

Just my $.02

Cheers,
rc
Tend to agree. It's also old, I think the last update was in 2012.

So I got my P3P a year ago for Xmas. Shot a bunch of cool videos and jumped into editing. Quickly discovered WMM didn't output 4K and was not happy with the 1080 output when I wanted to show them on my 4K tv... got the free Adobe trial. 3 year old laptop fell on its face trying to process. Spent 2k building an awesome 4K editing PC, 64g ram, dual M.2 SSD's, etc, etc... 1 week left on Adobe trial. Hours spent learning and editing, next thing video goes black when previewing. Worked with tech support, 3 times repeated, trial ended, gave up in disgust.... Haven't flown my drone since. 6 months passed... Wife got me a set of Zeiss Cinemizer goggles for Vday. Re-invigorated me to get this going again. Stumbled across this "fix" for WMM so I'll take it of it gets me flying again without all the BS and frustration...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well, does it worh of doing such "improvement"?
How many of you have a true 4K display on your computer? I think not many. So why to have 4K video if you can't really see it?
My drones (P4P and Mini3) take all the videos in 4K. But for publishing I always convert them to HD. Nothing lost on HD monitor. It is true that it is much better on 4K resolution monitor, but it takes much more computer energy. Editing in 4K needs a really capable computer to handle it otherwise it becomes much too slow for normal processing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers