Windows 10 Photos app and DNG

Reaction score
I really like the WIndows 10 photos app for basic edits, but it seems it does not like the Phantom 3 Advanced DNG files. Is there anyway to use a codex to allow Photos to edit the DNG files of the phantom 3?

I really like the WIndows 10 photos app for basic edits, but it seems it does not like the Phantom 3 Advanced DNG files. Is there anyway to use a codex to allow Photos to edit the DNG files of the phantom 3?

DNG was created by Adobe for digital images. You might want to try Lightroom or some other Adobe product that can actually read the DNG files. Not sure if Windows can. DNG is pretty much universal and operating system agnostic, so it should work.

Which app is this, I tried viewing it on Windows Photo Viewer (in W10) and that worked, but it barely has any editing features is that th eone?
It might be you need to update your codecs which I know I have done before but forget how.
You might try Faststone viewer which is my first choice to quickly open any image file and it has a reasonable set of basic editing tools.

Reactions: deltalimatango
The app is called photos. It allows viewing and very user friendly editing as well. It deals with many raw files just fine, as from my Nikon camera.

I know there are things I can buy to edit the files, but I have found them largely not intuitive and have grown very happy with the photos app, so that is why I am seeking a way to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20