wind speed

If you are looking to measure wind speed at height then other than the excellent advice given above you should look towards other methods that you can find in books on meteorology. In particular some form of radio sonde (A’s was suggested above in some way) but using a balloon to carry the device which will not interfere with the measurements. In my day we used a helium balloon and theodolite and measure heights and angle that way, converting them to wind speeds and directions. Both of those are available on eBay . Like the others I would suggest that a drone will not be your best tool,to measure upper winds with.

At 1400 ft. and wind strong enough to get a wind warning from DJI software. Before you say I shouldn't be flying that high, That was above a 1000 ft radio tower.

After your flights you can get detailed analysis of the wind speed during your flight from Drone Data Management and Flight Analysis | Airdata UAV after uploading the flight logs,
1550991116913.png
check it out!

At 1400 ft. and wind strong enough to get a wind warning from DJI software. Before you say I shouldn't be flying that high, That was above a 1000 ft radio tower.
DJI's "strong" wind warning comes on at 7 m/s (15 mph) which is not particularly strong.
Was there any wind down at ground level or was it dead calm?
1400 ft is a long way up from ground level, quite a bit more than 99% of fliers would be flying around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl