Will this be a good case?

Pick n Pluck foam is foam that you basically "pluck" or cut along pre-cut perforations to make it fit whatever you want. I'm thinking if it fits a P2, it should fit a P3. Probably just need to cut out a little bit of extra foam for the slightly wider stance.

Thanks.
Read somewhere the 3 is a bit taller, but I think it will fit.
Seems to be a really good case for the money! Even though you have to customize it yourself.

If anyone else have this case would be nice to hear your experiences.

I don't have this case specifically, but I do have some similar cases with pick n pluck foam for microphones and stuff. Just from my experience, and maybe the one you're looking at is different, but this pre-cut foam tends to be a little bit softer (weaker?) than the types that are custom cut from solid blocks of foam. Maybe because of all the little cuts throughout the foam, I don't know.

It might not make any difference with a Phantom, as they aren't that heavy anyway. Just thought it might help you to know. By the way I have several Pelican cases, some of them I have had for close to 10 years now, and they are absolutely rock solid.

Reactions: Kristian Waalberg
I have a 1510 and am waiting on my P3. I had a P2V+V3 in it and it's tight but works fine. That's the only hard case I know of that you can carry on the plane. I bought new foam that's not pick and pluck for the P3 and have a hot wire cutter to cut it.

Does anyone know if this will fit the phantom 3? I know it works with phantom 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1510-000-110-Carry-Case-Black/dp/B0002SKHIK

Thanks.
The real difference between P2 and P3 is the profile of the transmitter. The fold away device holder needs extra space, unless you're happy to remove and refix it each time it's packed away for transport. With the case I've got the battery also makes the quad a tight (but not impossible) fit, and the extra height and wider landing gear are not too much of an issue. HTH.

Thanks. I am pretty sure the width of the P3 is the same as P2+V3, so the case should work..? That's the only thing that worries me. Also the height, but it should be high enough.

Thanks. I am pretty sure the width of the P3 is the same as P2+V3, so the case should work..? That's the only thing that worries me. Also the height, but it should be high enough.
One thing I noticed was that you can put the quad in to the foam cutout and it may look like it won't fit....turn it 90 degrees and then it should drop in no problem!

I have a 1510 and am waiting on my P3. I had a P2V+V3 in it and it's tight but works fine. That's the only hard case I know of that you can carry on the plane. I bought new foam that's not pick and pluck for the P3 and have a hot wire cutter to cut it.

Do you think the slightly higher phantom 3 will fit?

Do you think the slightly higher phantom 3 will fit?
Yes, I had Mohan take a couple measurements in his thread and it appears they will. I should have my P3 on Friday and will confirm.

Note: the lid of the 1510 has 6 bumps in it and 4 of them were close to where the motor shafts are, I dremelled them out as I didn't want to risk them contacting the shafts. Was very easy.

While I have no doubt that's a nice case you'll have to check it while flying. The 1510 is meant as a carry on so it serves a different purpose.

Ahh I see. Yes it would be nice to carry on. Im worried about the Lipo batteries and flying with them. What is the ruling with that?

Ordered the 1510 and will get it tomorrow. Will take some pictures once I have custom fitted the foam.

Should fit, but tight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic