Will the Phantom 3 be as useless as the Phantom 2 Vision+?

Reaction score
I think that this unreleased product is getting too much hype and I'm personally waiting to see how it performs when it hits the public. Just looking from the design, it reminds me of how flimsy the Vision+ Gimbal and camera were. Plus the likelihood that the smallest turbulence or bump will destroy it or make in inoperable (not to mention DJI's bad reputation for warranting broken gimbals and cameras).

The smallest turbulence or bump?
You're grossly exaggerating.
There are plenty of users that have happily flown the P2V+ since they came out.
The P2V+ wasn't useless at all.

The P3 is getting a lot of hype because it's a serious leap forward for aerial cameras - way beyond anything available from any other maker.

Yeah it's funny how people react like P2 V3 is ancient, forbidden and grounded because of P3..

What people miss is that all the faults and problems are fixed with every new version, so P3 will probably not suffer from vortex, bad ESC, thin motor wires etc.

I think that this unreleased product is getting too much hype and I'm personally waiting to see how it performs when it hits the public. Just looking from the design, it reminds me of how flimsy the Vision+ Gimbal and camera were. Plus the likelihood that the smallest turbulence or bump will destroy it or make in inoperable (not to mention DJI's bad reputation for warranting broken gimbals and cameras).

These kind of critics are a little bit to easy to my taste, you can always says things like this without any proof.
"Flimsy": make it very sturdy and you will need an expensive heavy weight lifter!
My PV2+ has proven to be very crash resistant because I always was experimenting and tried to learn to fly in manual mode.
Turbulence: never had any problem with it! Remember that story when in a US National Park the police tried to blow a Phantom out of the sky with their helicopter. They didn't succeeded!

Happy flying!

Ton

There is plenty of proof on this site... Many people had gimbal & camera issues down the road and enough problems to make me not want to buy one or have to deal with DJI if I did.

Seriously. Why are you even on this forum. You clearly hate DJI, and think the Phantom is useless. Shouldn't you just fly away to another forum for Yuneec or some other really great drone.
Missery loves company I guess. Maybe you're looking for others that also hate DJI, but just can't leave unless he finds more haters first. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: tallturtle
it does make me smile when you read through a thread and see comments from some one who is clearly not a Phantom or DJI fan. Maybe they feel that people value their opinion, I would hazard a guess that most of the haters have never even owned a phantom and that there justification for their claims is only fed by other haters who probably don't own Phantoms either.

There is plenty of proof on this site... Many people had gimbal & camera issues down the road and enough problems to make me not want to buy one or have to deal with DJI if I did.

Off course there is plenty of proof that there are issues with individual Phantoms. But there is a lot of more proof that out there are a whole lot of happy Phantom flyers and you know that too!
So your critiques should be more precise and well founded.

Ton

So it sounds like you haven't owned yourself and have no personal experience to speak about.
Declaring a product is no good simply based on having read a few negative posts online doesn't make you someone to pay attention to.
DJI are the biggest selling maker in this class of drone for a reason.
Think about why that might be???

Reactions: blueskybob
Plenty of proof of what? That a percentage of mechanical devices fail from time to time? DJI sold over 500k Phantoms last year, and considering only people w/ problems post about the problems, if the Phantom were such a shitty product where are the 500k problem posts? Quality control for mass produced items generally allows for <1% failure rate. I'd wager the Phantom falls into that category.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the elimination of manual mode will have a positive impact on the number of crashes. Maybe even "fly aways"

Reactions: leekiya
I recently acquired a P2V+....besides the medium quality camera...I am totally satisfied. The integration of FPV, Gimbal, remote camera operation and App is great. I think the forum should be to help each other and share experiences instead of making useless complains or negative comments.

OK ... so it looks like you were looking for some attention, and you got it.
Maybe you feel better now .... but I seriously doubt it ....
If I have learned nothing else in my many years on this Earth, I have found that happy and satisfied people rarely throw stones at others and the interests they enjoy.

OK ... so it looks like you were looking for some attention, and you got it.
Maybe you feel better now .... but I seriously doubt it ....
If I have learned nothing else in my many years on this Earth, I have found that happy and satisfied people rarely throw stones at others and the interests they enjoy.
I wonder how many Phantom Pilots are over on the Solo forums picking apart their products? But then again search for the word beta in the P3 forum here and look at all the implied jealousy from those that didn't/weren't able to pre order. There wouldn't be new products if somebody wasn't willing to buy them.

I wonder how many Phantom Pilots are over on the Solo forums picking apart their products? But then again search for the word beta in the P3 forum here and look at all the implied jealousy from those that didn't/weren't able to pre order. There wouldn't be new products if somebody wasn't willing to buy them.

I second that to.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the elimination of manual mode will have a positive impact on the number of crashes. Maybe even "fly aways"
For clarification: Are you suggesting doing away with manual mode, or are you saying the P3 has no manual mode? Personally, I would not want to own a drone that has no manual mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.