Will my Warranty still be good?

Reaction score
Last week I updated to the latest FW for my 2 yr old P3P. I have always done the FW updates when they came out, Sometimes with much difficulty, but always weathered through it. Same this time, but finally got everything updated. took the bird out and ran a old Litchi waypoint's mission. Everything went great till at the end when I put the bird in (P) GPS mode. It started shaking and jerking around, then just took off on it's own! I quickly switched to (A) atti mode (I have flown atti mode dozens of times) But still no control over the bird. It hit a tree and fell to it's death. I loved that bird, I had flown it over 200 hours and as far as a 8 mile mission once. Checking it out later, The flight said it went from (P) to (A) and also RTH multiple times as fast as it could, Without me touching the controls. That bird is gone.... So I picked myself up by my bootstraps and ordered a new (Refurbished) P3P. I have done a test flight and everything works great! What I need to know is will my warranty still be good if I don't update the FW? Right now the bird is running (App: 3.1.8) , (Version: 1.5.30+) and (Remote: 1.8.0) and all is well. I will keep it at this FW if it won't void my warranty. Anybody got the answer I'm looking for?

I can not answer the question about the warranty, but I notice a strange number on the bird firmware version. When you have a "+" sign at the end of the number it means there is a module on the bird that has not the correct firmware, usually the battery that has not been updated. Please check what version of the bird firmware is shown with every battery. To fly in your condition can be dangerous, the number of the version must be always without the "+" sign. Probably it was the problem you had with the previous P3P.

I can not answer the question about the warranty, but I notice a strange number on the bird firmware version. When you have a "+" sign at the end of the number it means there is a module on the bird that has not the correct firmware, usually the battery that has not been updated. Please check what version of the bird firmware is shown with every battery. To fly in your condition can be dangerous, the number of the version must be always without the "+" sign. Probably it was the problem you had with the previous P3P.
This is how the new one came out of the box, haven't even tried my old batteries in the new bird yet. And the old batteries are up to date.

Didn't hear back from anybody so I went ahead and updated everything. So far, all is well... A word to DJI, You know, The scariest thing most of us customers see on are controller screen is "UPDATE FIRMWARE" .

I asked a DJI Custeromer service rep that question. Their answer was "no". Warranty is still good regardless of firmware version installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94