Will it work??

Reaction score
Will it work to do a full systems check before screwing all the screws together on the phantom 4 after doing a full shellchange, checking that all things work in the dji go app or will i just get errors like esc error or topology device error if i dont screw all the screws together including the motor screws and gimbal etc, anyone????

This is a good question, and somewhat hard to answer without trying. I think if there was any issue, it would be of a magnetic nature since the screws are ferrous metal. I would put them in place but not tighten them. That way, you avoid any possible unknown issues, and if you need to head back into the copter to do more work, it would be fairly quick and easy.

Thanks for the reply

Yes Sir. Let us know how you make out. That is no small and simple task, replacing a P4's shell. You are in a club with a limited membership. Good job!

Just got it to work i uploaded a video to youtuve about it working even without gimble flies beautyfully right now

Good job my friend! Did you swap out the shell due to damage to the prior shell, or was it in order to customize it as shown?

Yes i swapped the shell out and did a total makeover of the interior also swapped the 3 in 1 board part 52 inside due to broken contacts snd new landing gears..

Dopefish, wow-great job. You must enjoy working with small circuits. I love to tear into stuff to see how it works and how it was put together but back in my "prime", the circuits were point to point wiring and vacuum tubes. Being a ham radio operator for 52 years has allowed me to see the change in electronics and their conplexity. I commend you on your work. So far, I have done nothing to my P4 except keep screws tight! Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: skyzalimit
Dopefish, wow-great job. You must enjoy working with small circuits. I love to tear into stuff to see how it works and how it was put together but back in my "prime", the circuits were point to point wiring and vacuum tubes. Being a ham radio operator for 52 years has allowed me to see the change in electronics and their conplexity. I commend you on your work. So far, I have done nothing to my P4 except keep screws tight! Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF
Yes i do love working with small circuits and this job was great i got to learn how everything works and all that really nice

Yes i do love working with small circuits and this job was great i got to learn how everything works and all that really nice
I wish I had the nerve to open up my Phantom but by recalling past experiences I would get it apart and forget something or drop a part, etc and my drone would be ruined!!! Maybe one of these days I'll break down, find a YouTube video to copy and dive in but not for awhile. I admire folks like you who can and do that kind of stuff!

Happy Flying
Jim
WA5TEF

If I had to dig in, I think I would. As far as I understand it, I pretty much voided my warrantee early on anyway with my controller antenna mod, so I wouldn't even bother with calling DJI. It's almost been a year anyway. I'm pretty good with small details, comfortable soldering, and generally think mechanically, so yeah.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus