Will it do this?

Reaction score
Hello,

I saw this on sale at BB for $999, and I have a 256 Gig card that I got with a Galaxy Note 7, they made me return the phone, but let me keep the card. I've never used one, So, this is what I want to do with it:

My property is just under one square mile. I'd like to hook it up to my Dell XPS 13 so I can view it while it flies. Then I will set my corner coordinates and send it off from about the middle of my property. I need it to go to one corner, sweep the entire farm while sending me video, and when it gets to the opposite corner, return to me.

2.) Also I need to program all my cross fencing corners to have it run down each stretch so I can determine any needed repair locations. Then wherever it is on the property if I see a problem on the video I'll need GPS coordinates so I can set it into my GPS and drive over to make the repair. Will it do all of this? If not, what part will it do, and what part not?

(I do not have wi-fi all over the property, but I could hotspot a cell phone, and attach it, if it could carry the weight. Then it would have internet as it flies.)

Thanks in advance.

Would need a picture or name/type of Quadcopter your talking about to really answer your question,,,,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sorry, I thought this was the Phantom 4 forum, it's a Phantom 4;
  • Model: CP.PT.000312
Thanks, for the quick reply.

The only problem I can think of is flight timing, but it should work fine, the phantom 4comes with a 16 gig card which will hold your entire flight, as far as 256 gig the phantom is rated for 64 gig, but I'm using a 128 gig and it works fine, the drone won't need wifi while flying but should have a decent line of site to your RC unit. I would suggest an antenna mod for it DroneNerds has good setups and will install if needed this will increase your range significantly!

The only problem I can think of is flight timing, but it should work fine, the phantom 4comes with a 16 gig card which will hold your entire flight, as far as 256 gig the phantom is rated for 64 gig, but I'm using a 128 gig and it works fine, the drone won't need wifi while flying but should have a decent line of site to your RC unit. I would suggest an antenna mod for it DroneNerds has good setups and will install if needed this will increase your range significantly!

Thanks, I'll check out some antenna setups. I could cut it in half, do half of the tract, switch batteries, and do the other half. The same with my fence lines.

Thanks again!

No problem, I only mention flight time because I don't like my batteries to go much below 25 %, I have 25 acres And I can hit all four sides doing a good visual check on my horses and still land with 35-40% providing no serious head wind, I don't have a lot of trees but some mesquite. I think you should be ok, I mentioned antenna booster if you have a lot of thick growth. Ok then best of luck happy flying!

There is an option to put I think captions on your flight and I believe it gives the gps co-ordinates.. You have to play back with VLC player to see the information..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj