Will compass stop input after curtain amout of interference?

Reaction score
So not sure if this is the best place for this but it is software related. So at takeoff everything is 100% ok. Then after a random amout of flight time, I start getting "intense electromagnetic interference" on the controller. If I check the compass input I still am getting data from it but then I will randomly get zeros and it disables my GPS. If I land and power cycle the drone, i usually get my compass data back but sometimes i lose it again as soon as i take off and other times a few minutes into the flight. I was wondering if anyone knows if the compass "turns off" after it senses interference for so long. This is on a phantom 3 standard.

The compass doesn't turn off, but if the interference is strong, then the compass can't get a reading and will not know it's own heading. Try to look around where you are getting this error. There should be a big metal object or machinery that is creating this magnetic field. Word of advise; don't fly in this area. That may cause a Flyaway.

This happens anywhere I fly. I'm trying to find out if it is a problem with the compass, a problem with the connection on the motherboard or If it is a problem somewhere else. This drone has had 2 hard crashes before I bought it and has had the compass connector pulled off the motherboard. Also the antenna on the controller is messed up. I ordered a new antenna already and re-soldered the connector. I dont want to spend $100+ on a new board if I dont need to.

It sounds like a problem with the drone. Where does the problem lie, I sincerely do not know. Your best bet is taking it to a drone shop for diagnostics.

So I just wen out and was messing with it some, the problem was with my repair. When I soldered the grey wire pad back to the board, I had one stray strand of wir touching the pad next to it. Sadly, while trying to fix it, I dislodged the test pad from the board and lost the trace. I am unable to find the trace again so I think it is time for a new board. I just dont know how to break it to my wife, she left last night for a week of training for work and hit a deer with her new car. She is super upset about that. It may be a while before I am able to buy one.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I in no way endorse getting in trouble with the wife, but if you have some savings, consider purchasing and sending it elsewhere without telling her. Also, you might consider a new controller if it's cheaper than repairing yours?

I have already ordered the parts to fix my controller. I'm looking now to see if I can find a new board in the classifieds. Also we dont have a repair shop around me.

Good info (watching). Do you know where they get the "Part 76" from? A listing somewhere of parts?
Somewhere on DJI’s page there is a parts listing with the cost of each. I remember seeing it when I sent mine for warranty, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Yes and no. I had it fixed and explain how to fix it but in and attempt to repair a problem I caused, I made it worse and now i feel it is unfixable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair