Wild takeoffs

JFL

Reaction score
Been flying DJI for a year or two now and got a vision plus last week. Calibrated out of the box and on trying to take off (only a foot in the air) banked hard right and scurried along the deck. Recalibrated, ensured mode 2, and it did it again. Third time I throttled harder and got it up in the air only to have it bounce around so hard it felt like someone else had control. Managed to somehow bring it down (was only 10 ft in the air).

Any ideas guys?

Been flying DJI for a year or two now and got a vision plus last week. Calibrated out of the box and on trying to take off (only a foot in the air) banked hard right and scurried along the deck. Recalibrated, ensured mode 2, and it did it again. Third time I throttled harder and got it up in the air only to have it bounce around so hard it felt like someone else had control. Managed to somehow bring it down (was only 10 ft in the air).

Any ideas guys?

I've noticed, and a Kelby video noted that these guys are a little susceptible to prop wash at altitudes of a few feet. That may be why they advise a fast takeoff.

Very important that you do the IMU calibration "perfectly Level" the RC stick calibration and before take off the compass calibration. This set up the information for all the sensors to the main controller. It also will set up the hovering so their is limited drift. It's a must before first flight and after any software upgrades. Those that don't do it have been lucky and some may have seen fly a ways due to not doing it. Be sure before take off that you get 6 or more sattelites and home lock led green lights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj