Wifi range test

Reaction score
While sitting on the ground, what's the typical distance from drone to controller that the WiFi signal starts losing bars and disconnects? Mine seems to happen at about 100'.
Is this indicative of a failing wifi module or does distance increase when the motors are going?

While sitting on the ground, what's the typical distance from drone to controller that the WiFi signal starts losing bars and disconnects? Mine seems to happen at about 100'.
Is this indicative of a failing wifi module or does distance increase when the motors are going?

More important maybe is what is distance you get IN THE AIR WITH CLEAR LOS?

If I had to guess, I get about 50 feet max with p2v+ on the ground and 1000+ ft LOS in the air.... more if turn on boost

P2V+ Version 3: I put it up 400 ft. and fly it away 3,000 ft. regularly - never lose FPV.

the reason why the wifi is weak at ground is to do with the angled wifi antennas on the side of the bird. Remove the battery and you will notice they are angled downwards. The dead spots occur in front and behind and at very low altitudes.

If you want to gain maximum range, move the wifi antennas to the front and back.
I was able to get 700m on stock with the v2 non perforated wifi module.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...for-under-10-bucks-diy-mod.36967/#post-355261

the reason why the wifi is weak at ground is to do with the angled wifi antennas on the side of the bird. Remove the battery and you will notice they are angled downwards. The dead spots occur in front and behind and at very low altitudes.

If you want to gain maximum range, move the wifi antennas to the front and back.
I was able to get 700m on stock with the v2 non perforated wifi module.
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...for-under-10-bucks-diy-mod.36967/#post-355261
Good info...learned something new.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair