Wifi - Phantom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

If I fly if the phantom near of houses with wifi routers, would it be dangerous? I mean, this way can phantom lose radio connection easily?

Time for another one of my theories! I'm sitting in the office at work with nothing much else to do at the moment lmao.

I highly doubt that the phantom is affected by wifi. As mentioned in other threads, wifi is 2.4ghz and the phantom uses a "hopping" 2.4ghz frequency. In pretty much any other situation this bypasses any interference between two devices running on the same frequency.

Why can't you use the gopro wifi?? Well in a rush to develop the next hero and get it on shelvs etc, certain issues with the gopro hero3 were overlooked. Firmware updates have fixed some issues, but some people are still having problems. I dare say that the wifi transmitter in the gopro is causing Electrical interference with the circuitry either in the naza or on the receiver.

If either of those two components of the phantom went corrupt, any signal received from the controller would be useless.

Why do I say this, well I'm not sure about anywhere else in the world, but wifi has become so widespread in Australia, just about every second house has a wifi modem, just about blanketing the streets with 2.4ghz radio signals. Even some local councils are offering free wifi Internet around shopping hubs and community areas etc, if wifi was the culprit it would have been a bigger problem than what we have

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj