Wifi Module to Gimbal to Camera

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick question. Can a bad wifi module cause the camera and gimbal to stop functioning as well? I took it to a hobby shop and they said there's some corrosion on the wifi module...

About a year or so ago I crashed in the canal, and the p2v+ was under water for about an hour. After having it in rice for about a week or 2 I took it out and blew out all of the debris. It flew and functioned fine for about a week after that. Then one night, my brother and I went out flying and noticed a problem connecting to the phone. Thought it was just a wireless issue and did updates, uninstalls, reinstalls, etc... Then I realized that the gimbal wasn't coming on (no light and no wasn't doing the thing it does when it starts up).

Everything else seems to work fine, it flies fine and the return to home works as well...

Does it sound like it's just a bad module? Should I just start parting it out?

Thanks,
Mike

That's going to take some more diagnostics and test to tell what the issue is and if it's more than one problem. Start by checking the plugs, 3 of them going to the gimbel. Make sure they are plug in good and are tight. Then go from there. Are you getting s LED light on the camera.
Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app. Check Now and see if you can connect with the camera. May have to try re-binding it. Just a process of elimination.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik