Wi-Fi connection problem

Reaction score
Hi, Im new on this forum and am a complete novice to this wonderful hobby. I have recently bought a Phantom quad and do hope someone can throw some light onto a problem I think I have.
I have a Phantom 2 vision plus and when I try to connect the DJI Vision App. on my iPhone to the quad through my iphone settings (Wi-Fi) I get the phantom_62a553 Wi-Fi show on the phone but when it connects there is an orange note underneath saying "no internet connection" and a black question mark in the Wi-Fi symbol.
When I open the App on phone in camera mode with the quad all connected up, I do have visual from the camera, but when I try and use Ground Station it is very weak and unpredictable and I just feel its not connecting properly.
Has anyone had the same problem and if so is there a solution?
Here is a pic of the iPhone info

Regards Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.PNG
    IMG_0742.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
The WiFi will not normally have an internet connection and this is okay as it is not needed to fly the AC. You should also disable other Wifi equipment nearby and make sure there is no other interference that can affect the Quad.

Thanks for the reply. When I first got the quad, Im sure it never had the warning sign like its got now. Is it normal to have that message on the Wi-Fi setting like the picture shows?

Thanks for the reply. When I first got the quad, Im sure it never had the warning sign like its got now. Is it normal to have that message on the Wi-Fi setting like the picture shows?
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, 100% normal since your device's WiFi signal is not connected to the internet. WiFi and internet are not the same thing, though they are often thought to be by many.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.