why no mention of a camera when setting up a FPV system

[urlhttp://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2181178][/url]
This is the setup I will be mimicking. Except I will be using the Chinese gimbal and patching the go pro either directly into the hub or is it set up for me to splice into the video wires that go to the phantom main board and let the main board send the video to where it needs to go. Sorry if I am confused but I might just have to get the parts here to see how everything patches together and go from there..

Biggunzz said:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2181178]
This is the setup I will be mimicking. Except I will be using the Chinese gimbal and patching the go pro either directly into the hub or is it set up for me to splice into the video wires that go to the phantom main board and let the main board send the video to where it needs to go. Sorry if I am confused but I might just have to get the parts here to see how everything patches together and go from there..

I don't know if you can see it now, but your setup is VERY different from that thread. In that thread, he has a Zenmuse gimbal which plugs right into the fpv hub because the connectors and cables match and then he can easily tap into the video signal from there. I think it's unlikely your knockoff gimbal uses the same cable and connectors but maybe. if they do great but.. I don't really know how else to explain it to you... I get your setup, and I told you the absolute easiest way to accomplish what you want with a Boscam transmitter... I think you are unwise to try to use the DJI hub considering you have ZERO DJI equipment involved, and in that thread you linked above at least they were using a DJI Zenmuse gimbal.

with this cable you would install it as normal (Phantom mainboard, iOSD Mini, and Boscam vTx) then the plug that goes into the Phantom mainboard (2 pair - yellow/black and red/black) you would snip the yellow/black pair and instead patch it to the yellow/black cable pair that come out of your gopro's usb plug/cable. boom, done. easy in fact. Trying to go through the DJI hub is likely going to be way more hassle if it even works at all. why bother? *shrug*
but do what you gotta do mate, good luck :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic