Why isn't my video smooth when my P3 rotates?

Reaction score
When I first got the drone out of the box, the video recording was great, nice and smooth footage even when the drone would rotate. Now, a month later, it looks choppy when it's rotating, but smooth when still or going straight. Any idea how to fix this?

Check some youtube tutorials on frame rate. Some like it low (24) with as much blur as possible, but I like it high (60 or above) so that I can get as much detail as possible (since i'm not recording action scenes...I'm wanting to see all the detail of the trees,etc.

When I edited my video, I had this problem where it was choppy and it was because the output of the edited video was set at a different frame rate as what I recorded at. If you record at 30, export at 30, else if you export at 60 it will duplicate your frames to fill in the gaps.

So, double check your frame rate settings, double check there is nothing obstructing your gimbal, and recalibrate your gimbal also.

Excellent. That's good advice. Actually I did change my frame rate from 24 to 30, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I thought that might have been it. But then why was it good before? So then I thought, maybe I need to calibrate it. But every time I try to calibrate it I just wants me to tilt the remote around and tilt the drone around. I thought there was supposed to be something where you need to put the drone on level ground to calibrate it?

When you calibrate the gimbal, you set it down on a flat surface and it just moves the camera around on it's own. This is good to do every now and then (and is a must if you ever change a lens that may be heavier).

hope it helps and there is not actually a problem with the camera.

Oh so every time you turn the thing on, it's doing a calibration? I can see why it would be important to have level ground, then. So then if you start it up on a slight hill, then it's not going to be calibrated properly and then when you rotate the drone in the air, it has to constantly make up for the error.. is that it? Could that by why it looks bad during the rotations?

When you turn it on, I think it's just testing range of motion. But there is a separate option in the menu to re calibrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan