Why is there a lot of drones for sale without cameras?

Reaction score
Why is there a lot of DJI Phantom drones for sale without cameras? Mostly on the 3's and 4's. Are owners jut removing the camera for something else?

Reactions: itbbrian
Without Manual mode I don’t know either.

My guess.... crashes or other camera damage.

Reactions: DKG13CC
Why is there a lot of DJI Phantom drones for sale without cameras? Mostly on the 3's and 4's. Are owners jut removing the camera for something else?
Hi. I know that on my P3P after I did the latest firmware update that it fried mt camera and gimble and so now I am stck with a AC to flt without a canera

Speaking from personal experience, DJI drones are pretty rugged, and will survive a lot and keep flying. The camera and gimbals however, are pretty delicate and seldom survive a crash. Thus, you will find a lot of perfectly flyable drones without the cameras.

I'm guessing a crash that destroyed the camera but left the drone in good flying condition. If you can get one at a deep discount it's probably a great way to build flying skills while not risking an expensive unit with a working camera.

Generally the sensor is the most expensive part in any camera, often accounting for as much as 50% of the raw cost. And the gimbal is very delicate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl