Why is my video doing this?

Reaction score
So if you watch, about half way threw my video jumps forward. Around 1:55 to 2:05. This was filmed with a phantom 3 standard and downloaded from the onboard sd card using the dji go app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Unsure. I never use the app.... for anything but linking. Copy the sd card file directly to a computer, does it skip?

Reactions: chatikib and Pharm
Can you indicate how much wind there was?

In addition to the above suggestions, I think you where flying with a strong headwind. And check also your propellers. If your propellers are bad then you notice that faster with a strong headwind.

I didn't see 1:55 to 2:05 :relaxed:

Last edited:
Can you indicate how much wind there was?

In addition to the above suggestions, I think you where flying with a strong headwind. And check also your propellers. If your propellers are bad then you notice that faster with a strong headwind.

The wind and props make the video jump ahead like that? And this video is directly downloaded from the sd card. Idk if you guys missed that.

Reactions: JazzAir
Looks like a weak vid feed to me as if its still a 'phone video'. Is this video uploaded from a computer or your phone.

It does look like weak signal but I was well within range as you can tell by the rest of the video and I have the ARGtec antennas with the directional antennas and I remember having a clear line of sight at that point in the video. I'll just have to see if it continues to do it. I am flying again tomorrow.

Downloaded via GO ?

I thought you could only have three modes of video for editing / transfer :

1. Low res video saved by Go to tablet / phone. Based on the received video signal to the controller / tablet.

2. High res video to SD card that you can download by cable direct from AC to computer ... slow and needs AC powered up.

3. The much better mode of SD card removed from AC and read direct in computer via a Card Reader ...

As to jump at 1:55 - 2.05 ..... could be due to a lost signal at that time ... the standard video wifi feed can stop but flight carry on as the 5.8 signal still working ... but of course you should notice a blank screen at that point ..

Nigel

I'll still lean towards weak signal. An added antenna could have lose or wiggling connections. Solder breaking ... Keep us notified bro

Ok so I think I figured this out. I was told I'd you go into the go app and go to editor, then click the top left download icon, it is supposed to download the video from the sd card to your phone. This is after filming. I'm not sure if that is true. It would make sense though because it takes a long time to do this. I will keep filming and see if I can get it to do it again and then remove the sd card and see if it is on that video also

Reactions: JazzAir
This is a speed issue, processor, SDcard, available memory or similar, could be a bad SD card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31