Why I use my spark more than my Phantom. Best drone for Motorcycles.

Follow Me mode or Active Track? Two different things and a BIG difference (and two different things). From you video is appears you are using Active Track, not Follow Me mode.

He explains and used both in his video.

Can you give me a time mark where he mentions Active Track?

He does not use both. I think you are also confused about what Follow Me and Active Track is.

Allowing the camera to track prior to hitting Go and having it fly are is not Follow Me mode vs Active Track. It is all Active Track.

They are _two different_ flights modes all together. By stating that Follow Me mode is being used when he's really using Active Tracks makes people even more confused.

If someone mentions the camera following an object, they are using Active Track _not_ Follow Me mode.

Can you give me a time mark where he mentions Active Track?

He does not use both. I think you are also confused about what Follow Me and Active Track is.

Allowing the camera to track prior to hitting Go and having it fly are is not Follow Me mode vs Active Track. It is all Active Track.

They are _two different_ flights modes all together. By stating that Follow Me mode is being used when he's really using Active Tracks makes people even more confused.

If someone mentions the camera following an object, they are using Active Track _not_ Follow Me mode.
Big sorry if I get confused. That is happening more as I get older. I would like to kick myself in the butt, if that would help. I used to be sharp as a tack in my youth. But how sharp did you have to be for a Commodore 64 and Pac man?
I saw his first example as stationary following his bike. The second one followed by flying with his bike. That had me convinced.

I saw his first example as stationary following his bike. The second one followed by flying with his bike. That had me convinced.

Setting that aside, it appears the point of the video is really the Spark being more portable than the Phantom... not that there is any difference in Active Track. But the video seems to focus on how well the Spark does Active Track. Not any better than the Phantom. Sorry, the video is just wrong on a lot of different levels.

(Plus, 4K is not "so close" to 1080... even on YT).

I could certainly understand a video pointing out that the Spark is much more portable than the P4 and even if the video correctly called it Active Track and not Follow Me mode.

But, as always, kudos to the OP for taking the time to make a video and put it up for people to view.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I agree as I only carry my Mavic on the motorcycles for the same reasons as above. I normally pull a trailer on long trips but prefer to have the drone on the bike as the ride is smoother and less chance to damage the unit. The video was good and the music was OK and not distracting to me. I build custom trikes so I am going to do a "how to" video on riding and such using the active track.

I use a Spark as a "scout" drone. If I like what I see then I make plans to bring the Phantom.
BTW - I can actually get the stock P4P case in my Givi 52L topcase.
I know that a topcase is anathema to Harley baggers but just throwing it out there ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga