Why doesn't my P3S have a RTH button on the rc?

you could turn off the transmitter and that should kick it in to rth mode.

Perhaps if possible, to return it, for an Advanced or a Professional model.

I think you would be much happier.

RedHotPoker

This just all adding up to be the same price as a Profesional. Minus good camera. Good Rc. Lightbridge which I hear is awesome. What else is the P3S lacking?

Missing the Camera controls on the radio.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: iquadtography
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440381037.271463.jpg
Man o Man there it is. Ahh hopefully others will learn from me.

For $200 more for an Advanced, the $799 Standard makes zero sense to me unless 2.7k video is a must have, which I'd bet to most it's not.

For $200 more for an Advanced, the $799 Standard makes zero sense to me unless 2.7k video is a must have, which I'd bet to most it's not.
It'll make even less sense when the Advanced gets 2.7k soon as rumoured.

The P3S does not have a button, but you can initiate RTH by toggling the S2 switch back and forth at least twice. RTH can be terminated by toggling the S1 switch once.

Hi my friend
i just aske what mean thees words

The P3S

initiate RTH

thank you for helping me

Hi my friend

The P3S

initiate RTH

thank you for helping me
Initiate RTH means to start the Return To Home feature. On the P3S you do so by flipping the S2 switch.

Reactions: khamees1975
Hi my friend

The P3S

initiate RTH

thank you for helping me
P3S = Phantom 3 Standard
RTH = Return to home

Reactions: khamees1975
P3S really is for someone on a tight budget looking to get a decent flying camera but lacking so much for not that much more.

I say this with no disrespect to OP.

By the way I bought a parrot bebop and took it back to the department store 5 days later, hounded them for a refund and used almost the same dollars to buy the p3a. Maybe you should do the same?

View attachment 28409 Man o Man there it is. Ahh hopefully others will learn from me.

Sounds like you're quite sarcastic and upset you ordered the wrong thing. Here's what DJI has on their P3S FAQ page.
kExlNf6.png

It's really not that big of a deal as you can still trigger RTH with your controller. Others have suggested you turn off the controller if needed, but RTH should be rarely used, and that's what you did with the P2 and P1's. . I've only had to use it once in my 3-4 years of flying Phantoms but that's how you triggered RTH.

Also, the screenshot you posted shows that it does have RTH via RC. The instructions are in my screenshot. You'll see it lacks several of the other features. It's also more than an .20cent button. The RC for the P3A/P are completely different.

Last edited:
I very nearly did the same, soooooo glad I didn't !

Yeh it's from a total different planet.. In the few days I had it it wouldn't hold its altitude, VRS caused it to fall 10 metres like a leaf but regained a few metres from the ground. Camera nowhere near the quality of phantom (despite trick specs). And I got 300 metres range in my area as opposed to 3.6kms on stock p3a system before upgrading to fpvlr system and getting 6.5kms range.

If you didn't know better you'd think the p3 would be three times more expensive than the bebop+sky controller. And you'd still buy the phantom.

Reactions: biff600
Utterly STUPID that DJI would eliminate RTH on this version. Wilbur HOMELOCK it's the only way to pull your bird back! I'm dumbfounded at the level of stupidity at this company and the idiots calling the shots especially in a climate that holds uncertainty regarding drones and their safety! Get your head out DJI!

Reactions: iquadtography

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31