Why do we need a video section on forum?

Reaction score
So many are posting random videos just anywhere on the forum. Why? I can understand if the video is related to the thread...like a how to ...to answer a question. But to post anything anywhere....is this the new rule now? I find it a bit annoying.

Reactions: Torcan
This is not a well-policed forum.
  • Platform-specific topics are posted in General Discussion.
  • General topics are posted in Platform-specific discussions.
  • Titles are vague and often serve as click-bait.
I'd like to see mods moderate more.

Despite my complaints, I'm addicted. I like it here.

Reactions: Hughie and dirkclod
I would say its down to being a part of a wide spectrum of people that are at very different levels when it comes to being computer savvy and know what the site etiquette involves. I'm sure no one is naughty on purpose.

I'd like to see mods moderate more.

Despite my complaints, I'm addicted. I like it here.

You mean "Device" is not an excellent thread title? :D

Hey Clipper, like you, I see everything going everywhere. But also like you, I find myself here every day, usually throughout the day. So I think we're fortunate to have this forum for our education and exchange of ideas, not to mention the occasional belly laugh :D. I just wish it were a little tidier, which no doubt would entail a ton of work for the mods. But guess what? I bet they enjoy it as much as we do...

I'm on another forum that's specific to a certain car. There are 4 generations of the car as well as general topics, repairs, DIY, etc. It's a good comparison to the Phantom Forum. The moderators are on top of it. They move threads to the right categories quickly and have OPs use appropriate titles. Because they're so diligent, they don't have to be, if that makes sense. Searching is much cleaner, too. It's not perfect, but it sure is a lot cleaner.

There's a lot less duplication there. Here, I wonder when I'll see the latest and greatest post on Prop Guards.

Jacob and mods, please don't take this the wrong way. As I mentioned in post #2 of this thread, I genuinely like it here. Please take these as constructive ideas.

I am open to it. As a newbie mod, I've been following the lead. Happy to step it up a notch if Jacob and the others are OK with it.

Ianwood, I realize it's a fine line and you don't want to come across as the Gestapo. But in the end, it sets a good tone for the forum overall.

For example, if I post a thread with the title, "OMG, you gotta check this out!" and you gently steer me to something more descriptive like "Flying through barbed wire fences without prop guards", others will notice and soon you won't have to do the steering anymore.

Or you could say "Since the Hand-catching topic benefits the overall population not just P2s, I'm moving it to General Discussion."

Thanks for being open about this!

As long as it's moderated properly it should be cool but please don't let it get back to the problems we had last year or one or 2 mods that did go down the Gestapo route, thankfully they aren't around here anymore. But I agree posts could be moved to their relative catalogues a bit more. Quite a lot of posts in the p3 forum should be in either the general, news or even off topic sections.

Reactions: Clipper707
Reactions: dirkclod
The point is to report things on the site that need attention. ;)
That's definitely something we users need to do a lot more of. It's easier to complain of all the off-topic posts, than to click that Report button. I'm guilty too. So let's all try to make an effort to start reporting this stuff in an encouraging way to start cleaning up the mess. 'Eh?!

I didn't report it as it isn't a real big deal. I only started the thread to see if posting videos anywhere was acceptable and going to be the norm for now. This has been going on for a while. If the moderators and other members are not bothered with it, I won't bring it up anymore. This is really one of the least annoying things that happen around here. Making so many threads into arguments. .stupid one liners that do not help the thread....people giving info as gospel when it's apparent they have no clue what they are talking about....attacks on new members for asking the same questions...SO WHAT! If you don't like the question, don't answer it. I don't answer many posts because I can see where it's headed. And please..proof read your post before posting.

We should watch out for all of those things. And personally, I like it when things are where they're supposed to be. Videos in the video section. General in general. News in news. Especially in the P3 section which is busy enough as it is. There will always be exceptions but a little order can go a long way.

I'm going to start posting compass questions and prop guard arguments in the video section. That'll show those video people who post all over the place.

I didn't report it as it isn't a real big deal. I only started the thread to see if posting videos anywhere was acceptable and going to be the norm for now. This has been going on for a while. If the moderators and other members are not bothered with it, I won't bring it up anymore. This is really one of the least annoying things that happen around here. Making so many threads into arguments. .stupid one liners that do not help the thread....people giving info as gospel when it's apparent they have no clue what they are talking about....attacks on new members for asking the same questions...SO WHAT! If you don't like the question, don't answer it. I don't answer many posts because I can see where it's headed. And please..proof read your post before posting.

I am not sure if you have visited other forums, but one like this with 25K plus members, sometimes things get by the staff. And when you have that many people, some of them will make problems. That is what the report button is for. It lets members report issues. When the staff see issues, we correct them. You knew when you started this thread you were being facetious about it since you are aware that there is a photo & video area. The problems you mention are present on all forums from my experience, if it wasn't the norm forums would not need moderators. I remember a short while ago members were complaining the mods were to strict... you can never make everyone happy at the same time. Thats just the way it is, that is life. So to sum up, if you want the forum cleaner and better organized... use that report button.

By the way, your insinuation that the forum staff does not care is a slap in the face to all the mods here that spend their own time, for no pay, to bring order to the forum.
We enjoy the forum and want to make it better or we would not have volunteered for the position. Please respect the staff and all they do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31