Why destroy a lock when you just can move it?

Reaction score
In the Netherlands we like our old buildings, bridges, fortresses and even our locks (those things you use to get a ship into "higher" water).

Last year one of these old locks (built in 1930's) was cut in 4 pieces and moved 120 meters. Now it's a landmark, and that landmark I flew around and in (only a few meters, because the compass went crazy when I tried to get to the bottom :)).

The video of this moved lock can be found here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the end of the video you can also click to see the timelapse video from 2017 (not made by me) in the days the lock was moved.

Have fun!

Nice work!

I’m enamored with locks too. Here is an aerial video I made of a flight of five locks in New York State.

Reactions: stickybit
In the Netherlands we like our old buildings, bridges, fortresses and even our locks (those things you use to get a ship into "higher" water).

Last year one of these old locks (built in 1930's) was cut in 4 pieces and moved 120 meters. Now it's a landmark, and that landmark I flew around and in (only a few meters, because the compass went crazy when I tried to get to the bottom :)).

The video of this moved lock can be found here:

At the end of the video you can also click to see the timelapse video from 2017 (not made by me) in the days the lock was moved.

Have fun!
Your video made me think of a Dutch man on a TV, show called Gold Rush. He said," The dutch are good at digging ditches. We do it all the time." lol

Nice work!

I’m enamored with locks too. Here is an aerial video I made of a flight of five locks in New York State.

Very nice! Now I want to go and fly there! :).

In our country we aren't allowed to fly over or near to locks. I sure would like to do that, but won't risk the fine :-(.

Your video made me think of a Dutch man on a TV, show called Gold Rush. He said," The dutch are good at digging ditches. We do it all the time." lol
LOL!

But it's not completely right. Dutch are good in building dams, taking back land from the sea etc.. In our country we recognize the Germans at the beach, they always dig the largests and deepest holes and ditches ("don't mention the war please.. ;-)"). Sometimes even too deep so once a year the firemen are called to rescue a German who dug to deep ;-).

LOL!

But it's not completely right. Dutch are good in building dams, taking back land from the sea etc.. In our country we recognize the Germans at the beach, they always dig the largests and deepest holes and ditches ("don't mention the war please.. ;-)"). Sometimes even too deep so once a year the firemen are called to rescue a German who dug to deep ;-).
Pretty good with windmills also- you should fly around a few of them.

Pretty good with windmills also- you should fly around a few of them.

There is one nearby which I can fly around. The largest amount of old windmills (not the new ones producing clean energy) at Kinderdijk got a drone ban just this week. It's still permitted by law to fly over there, but the people living in the windmills don't like the amount of drones which fly there daily.
It's a small village which is overwhelmed by international tourists who also bring their drones and fly even close to the windows :-(.

But I was in luck, I flew there a few weeks before the drone ban (and kept my distance, even 2 people living there came to look at the footage I took). It isn't the best video I made (it was only the second day I had the Phantom 4), but you can look at it here:

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Any idea what distance you covered there? (It's good to see continuous flight sometimes, as it's enjoyable to see the whole context and scale of the feature). Cheers

Any idea what distance you covered there? (It's good to see continuous flight sometimes, as it's enjoyable to see the whole context and scale of the feature). Cheers
I believe it’s about 1.5 to 2 miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers