Who's running dual battery setup? Any problems?

Reaction score
I was running the dual battery setup,one on each side.2 out of the 3 times I flew it when descending it went out of control and landed upside down,luckily one time was on sand and other time was on concrete.Both times when it happened they were only about 15' high so damage was minimal,just broken props.Also both times it happened after inspection eclips had popped off 1 of the motors.So I dont know if it was the eclips coming off that caused the problem or the dual battery setup was the problem so Im checking to see if other people have had problems with the 2 battery setup.No gimbal,just gopro,transmitter and anti jello low profile vibration isolator.

On a side note,anyone tried this battery?
http://multicoptersystems.com/dji-phant ... air-price/

says you will get 20 minute flight time

Lots of people here are running duals or larger batteries. Having them strapped to the sides of the phantom seems to consistently be proven to be a bad idea, they introduce balance instability especially while descending.

depending on your setup and weight, 20 minutes is possible. With a gopro attached it would probably take a light 4400mah setup.

ElGuano said:
Lots of people here are running duals or larger batteries. Having them strapped to the sides of the phantom seems to consistently be proven to be a bad idea, they introduce balance instability especially while descending.

depending on your setup and weight, 20 minutes is possible. With a gopro attached it would probably take a light 4400mah setup.

Ok thanks for reply
Do you have any pics of other dual battery setups that dont have them mounted on the sides?

htownphantom said:
ElGuano said:

Ok thanks for reply
Do you have any pics of other dual battery setups that dont have them mounted on the sides?
Dewey on this forum makes a underbody tray, which is a good general solution and let's you use the second battery to counterbalance the weight of the gopro/gimbal.

Some of us who are more adventurous fit both batteries in the phantom's shell, which takes a bit of carving of the plastic. An alternative is to transplant the phantom guts into a phantom 2 lower shell (that has a bigger battery bay). The latter requires less knifework.

+1 for Elguanos comment.

When developing my undertray I tried out the CF 'winglets' briefly and found the NAZA really doesn't seem to play nicely with them... especially when descending where things can get really nasty really quickly (as a fair few have since proved with much broken parts and bruised wallets).

I've since done a version that fits around the Zenmuse too:

Zenmuse.jpg

A little over kill for some but I was getting 12-13 mins on 2 x 2200 @ 1315g

Link is in my signature if you are interested.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl