Who makes the Best Phantom 3 Standard Prop Guards

Reaction score
I want to put a set of new and better prop guards on my phantom 3 standard and wonder who makes the best ones that are strong and not too flimsy or are they all made this way..Yesterday when I was landing with auto landing it came down a little too fast and bumped the grass a little hard and tipped over to one side and the carbon fiber props I have on it cut the middle support brace on one plastic guard and cracked another.I have had my standard for 4 years now and I never had auto landing come down quick the last 5 feet before hovering just above ground level and gently touching down.Has anyone ever had auto landing on their drone ever do this.Right after I removed the 4 prop guards and flew it around more with multiple landings and every landing was soft as butter.Curious as what caused that one quick drop just before touching down.My battery life was 27% at the time of this so it wasn't a power issue.Real calm out yesterday evening with zero winds also.I'm thinking maybe interference from the big tobacco barn at my dads farm that's covered with steel maybe had something to do with it possibly.I had no warnings on the dji go app other than low battery came on but i had 27% left when the "not so soft" landing occurred..Any input on this and whats a good place to get some decent prop guards much appreciated..

I'm thinking maybe interference from the big tobacco barn at my dads farm that's covered with steel maybe had something to do with it possibly.
A big steel shed is unlikely to have any influence on your drone flying unless you fly right beside it and it blocks out half the sky and the satellites in that part of the sky.
Even then it's unlikely to have much effect on a landing.
Perhaps your flight data might have some clues?
whats a good place to get some decent prop guards much appreciated..
I'm wondering why you want prop guards at all?
And why you use CF props?

A big steel shed is unlikely to have any influence on your drone flying unless you fly right beside it and it blocks out half the sky and the satellites in that part of the sky.
Even then it's unlikely to have much effect on a landing.
Perhaps your flight data might have some clues?

I'm wondering why you want prop guards at all?
And why you use CF props?
I put prop guards on my Phantom 3 for a while. I decided I didn’t like them and took them off. To my dismay I found little cracks where the guard screws had been . I know this is common for the standard, but have since stayed away from guards. I just don’t fly where any trees happen to be. They are a DRONE MAGNET!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub