Which tablet?

** BANG ** and the Shield was ordered. :)
And then, something like this:

[$4.28] HDMI V1.3 Male to 3RCA Video Audio AV Cable(1.5M)

Would enable me to connect my old Fatshark BASE goggles to the HDMI out, so that a 'passenger' can join in the fun?

I use the shield k1. Works great. Haven't used the HDMI out for goggles but I have for an HDTV and it worked pretty good. DJI also sells a HDMI board that replaces the unit on the bottom of the controller. I think you can adjust what is displayed on the screen with that unit so it's probably better ir FPV goggles.

** BANG ** and the Shield was ordered. :)
And then, something like this:

[$4.28] HDMI V1.3 Male to 3RCA Video Audio AV Cable(1.5M)

Would enable me to connect my old Fatshark BASE goggles to the HDMI out, so that a 'passenger' can join in the fun?
I don't think it will work for a couple of reasons. First, HDMI is digital and RCA type connectors are generally analog. Unless there is a D/A converter within the cable, it won't work. Secondly, the HDMI signal out will be HD, while the Fatshark is likely SD. Unless the resolution is downconverted to SD with that cable, it won't work. For $4.28, sounds implausible, but I could be wrong.

Looking forward to the arrival of my Shield K1 as I'm sure you are. Will yours be a dedicated unit? Seems a shame to not use it for other basic tasks like surfing and email, as long as you don't load it up with a bunch of apps.

I think you might be right, @beeline. There are other converters on that, which seem they do a better job. I see the HDMI out addition you can buy for the Tx is $150 or something. So, a $5 converter will do the job for me. :)

Yeah, might use it as a normal tablet too.... I'm actually selling my 10" tablet to fund it.... and I hardly use the 10" one. So, I think it's going to live close to the TX a lot of the time. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl