Which Phantom to get

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been looking into buying a phantom for a couple months now and am not sure what to get. I know that I want to get either a Phantom 2 or a Phantom 2 vision+. My problem is, is having the FPV on the vision+ worth the extra money up front, or should I just use my GoPro for the Phantom 2 and if I want I can get a FPV system later.

Thanks for the help

PS if there is a better thread for this to be posted in can a mod please move it. Thanks

cooper624 said:
Hi,
I have been looking into buying a phantom for a couple months now and am not sure what to get. I know that I want to get either a Phantom 2 or a Phantom 2 vision+. My problem is, is having the FPV on the vision+ worth the extra money up front, or should I just use my GoPro for the Phantom 2 and if I want I can get a FPV system later.

Thanks for the help

PS if there is a better thread for this to be posted in can a mod please move it. Thanks

If you've been looking for a couple months and you don't know what to get, don't get a Phantom :3

how comfortable are you with minor tinkering with your device? for example, this video is great and shows everything involved in opening a P2 and installing an iOSD Mini, video transmitter, and gimbal... granted it's the H3-2D but the 3D is very similar, and this is just an example... if you watch that video and you're like "sure I can do that" and you're smart enough to figure out which cables carry what signal then I'd definitely recommend the non-Vision. You have more flexibility and theoretically longer range on your FPV system (actual transmitter vs wifi) and like you said you can use the GoPro for anything when it's not on the Phantom.

The Vision is nice if you don't feel comfortable cracking your case and doing a few solders and/or don't want to pay for a P2 with the kit already installed. With the Vision you're right out of the box, flying with FPV & telemetry but at the cost of flexibility / upgradability.

one of the other things to think about are the flyways or vortex crashes.
If you get the vision + and that crashes, you are probably breaking every piece that needs to be sent back to China. Good luck with that!

*I* would go the P2 route.
Add your own gimbal/FPV kit.

If you crash, the parts have a higher recover-ability rate but most definitely are EASIER to get replaced.

Once you have a P2 with those upgrades, you will essentially have a better quad than the Vision + at around the same price

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4