Which monitor for flying is best?

Reaction score
Looking for alternatives to my iphone 7 for flight ops. I was looking at various FPV models when it dawned on me that to control the bird i need something with a touch screen. I know people like the ipad but frankly they are way overpriced and this is from a Mac guy. Any suggestions on a reliable well performing alternative with a 7” or larger screen?

Reactions: Franky
Looking for alternatives to my iphone 7 for flight ops. I was looking at various FPV models when it dawned on me that to control the bird i need something with a touch screen. I know people like the ipad but frankly they are way overpriced and this is from a Mac guy. Any suggestions on a reliable well performing alternative with a 7” or larger screen?
The Huawei M3 or M5 is a superb flying tablet.

Have looked at the Huawei and prices seem to be in excess of ipads and even the beloved Samsung. Not knowing much about the Huawei what makes them the go to for drone flying? This is one of those long drawn out exercises comparing specs, performance, reviews and pricing all in the hope of not wasting money or compromising performance. Want what i buy to last for quite a while.

Its so interesting how many times this question is asked and how the threads soon become virtually identical to each other.

Have looked at the Huawei and prices seem to be in excess of ipads and even the beloved Samsung.
Not knowing much about the Huawei what makes them the go to for drone flying?
Is this price too high? I'd have thought it compares well.
https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Media...UTF8&qid=1532304660&sr=1-3&keywords=huawei+m5

What makes it great for flying is that it has lots of RAM and a fast processor to deal with the demanding DJI Go app.
It boots quickly, runs go flawlessly and without a glitch, has a really good screen, speakers you can hear and good battery life.
It's not lumbered with unnecessary junk and doesn't seem to have any peculiarities that make connection tricky.

Thanks Meta4 for that info. Pricing is about the same, maybe 20-40 dollars difference from what I see so far but will do a deep dive into it and see what develops. I think the issue is to view the flight tab as just that, not a combo device for personal use as well, being a Mac house hold I struggle with the ease that Mac dvcs can integrate and how Android dvcs in a Mac environment isnt as seamless. If I can marry the tab with the right apps and leverage the cloud for file and system management it might become an easier choice. Thanks again, you have given me great info to consider.

Its so interesting how many times this question is asked and how the threads soon become virtually identical to each other.

I dont believe question has not been answered at least not to my satisfaction since no specific comparison based on standardized technical and performance comparison has been done or that I could find. As of now what seems to be available is anecdotal or opinion based but what is clear from comments is that the CS has potential but as expected DJI fails in the support and bug resolution departments.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik