Which has the best video/photo quality?

• Thread starter Deleted member 113105
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 113105

I am posting this in the Autel group also to see what kind of answer I get. I'm looking to purchase my first drone to be used commercially for photo/video. I've been in RC for over 20 years.

Which takes the best quality photo/video? Autel Evo or P4P Pro V2? Hoping to hear from people that have both. How reliable is the P4P? I am also interested in 3D mapping. I know the Evo cannot do that. How reliable is the Evo? I know it is new and probably not much to say on that front yet.

Just wondering if anyone has had any side by side comparisons....I'm not loyal to any brand. I just want something that works and isn't in the shop getting repaired all of the time. I had originally purchased an Evo, but sent it back (never opened the box) because they changed things from their original advertisements and the iOS app isn't even released yet.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a P4P and got an Evo. I am returning the Evo. P4P has a far better camera and is far more reliable..
Returning the Evo because I think it was not ready for release yet.
The 2 programmable buttons on the remote are not yet programmable. (To be done in the future, they told me.)
Rear door where micro USB port is comes off when opened yet the one covering the SDC has a retainer on it.
Camera will not look up any above straight ahead yet the scale on the RC shows 3 more notches above zero. (Probably another future FW development.)
Serious RTH issues. It does not 'remember' the home point sometimes.
Hovering accuracy is awful. +/- 3 meters.

That’s isn’t good. How has the reliability of your P4P been? What issues does it have? Just trying to weigh things out

P4P is rock solid. I have flown on 30-35mph wind with no problem.
The only strange thing it ever does is pause sometimes while shooting a sequence of 35 pictures for a spherical pano. This is not caused by wind or any known outside force. It is the only anomaly I have experienced. Photo quality is superb. Video great as well.

I am disappointed that the Evo was less than expected.
I imagine they will sort it out and refine it.
I was hoping for some good competition to DJI.

But DJI is miles ahead and will likely stay there. Mavic Air was a good demonstration of that. They announced it, shipped it days later and there has been little refinement needed.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Ever had to use DJI customer service? Just from emailing back and forth I found they have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Paul2660
Twice, and both times were positive.
Once, I had a battery start to swell on the Inspire 1. Replaced w/o hassle.
Other time I had a Mavic Platinum with a bad camera. Replaced with new bird. Total time involved including shipping both ways was 14 days.

Did you have their warranty package?. I forgot what they call it. Or was it just under regular warranty?

Which takes the best quality photo/video? Autel Evo or P4P Pro V2?
The P4 pro has a sensor 4 times larger than the Evo and creates 20 MP images.
It's also got a controllable aperture rather than a fixed f2.8 lens.
Which is more likely to produce better images?
How reliable is the P4P?
I have two P4 pros and have flown mine hard professionally for 1.5 yrs.
The backup P4 pro is still in mint condition and has only been flown a couple of times.
I am also interested in 3D mapping.
The software updates should be released for the P4 pro V2 very soon to allow it to run 3rd party mapping apps.
(It's disappointing they weren't available when the drone was released).
Autel promised to release an SDK that would allow the development of 3rd party apps for their X-Star 1.5 yrs ago.
It was never produced. (Autel has a poor record of promising and not delivering).
When/if they do produce an SDK for the Evo, you would still need the mapping app makers to create Evo versions of their software.
Whether they do this for a machine with a small user base is unknown.

any idea when SDK for the v2 will be released? Thank you guys for the help. Pretty sure I’m going with the v2. Should I get their extended care warranty—-whatever they call it?

Hands down the P4P is the more reliable platform with a better and bigger sensor . I am a huge fan of the P4P , I have many other drones and this one is used 95% of the time .

Do you guys know if I can hook up my iPhone and a remote monitor at the same time? Are there enough ports for this? I know I can get the goggles, but I think they will probably make me motion sick as all of the other ones do so I was hoping there was another option

Both of these were under the standard warranty. I don't buy care refresh. I use State Farm to insure against loss.
That’s an interesting idea. I never really thought of using the insurance for it. I also have State Farm. What kind of policy do you have?

PAP. Personal articles policy.
Zero deductible. Covers loss of any kind. Theft, malfunction, crash. Anything.

Does it cover liability, just curious as many pilots seem to over look the issue of liability, yet they fly over the public which adds risk. Just curious.

Paul C

Does it cover liability, just curious as many pilots seem to over look the issue of liability, yet they fly over the public which adds risk. Just curious.

Paul C
You need liability insurance for that.

Liability insurance? mucho - much
$$$$:(

Liability insurance? mucho - much
$$$$:(

Has anyone here used the Verifly app to purchase liability insurance on the spot? It offers 'instant' liability insurance for $1M and up, in half-hour increments. It uses your device GPS to determine your location, and pricing is based on location, flight time, distance flown from home point, and the dollar amount of coverage you want.

I've installed it on my flight tablet but have not used it yet.

Has anyone here used the Verifly app to purchase liability insurance on the spot? It offers 'instant' liability insurance for $1M and up, in half-hour increments. It uses your device GPS to determine your location, and pricing is based on location, flight time, distance flown from home point, and the dollar amount of coverage you want.

I've installed it on my flight tablet but have not used it yet.
Must be android only, because it is not in the iOS app store (from my iphone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.