Which FPV glasses?

They will not work

Yes, sadly... the DJI Pilot will never work on the BT-200s until Epson upgrades the ancient version of Android they are using on the device. Even then, unless they get the device Google certified, the maps feature won't work unless you root the device and jump through various hoops. Miracast mirroring might work but there'll be a ton of lag. I don't recommend buying the BT-200s for the P3.

I have the BT-200. They worked with some issues with the P2v+, however they do not work with the P3.
Was trying to help EPSON and be part of their development program, however it seems that EPSON has abandoned this project. Too sad, because they had great potential.
Maybe it is time for the BT-300 which will not have any android device and will just connect to HDMI....

I did look on the fat shark website and they now do some HD versions which are 800 lines which I guess would be spot on.
Does any of these goggles support glasses? :cool:

Does any of these goggles support glasses? :cool:
Most of them use diopter inserts for vision correction, the diopter kits are normally extra and you can get a range of strengths. The headplay are huge!! and might accommodate glasses (I wear glasses also so am interested in this)
Try the new Dominator V2 w/hdmi out. Very light with built in lens correction for glass wearers. And cheaper than the HD's and has a built in DVR.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnronCEO
Most of them use diopter inserts for vision correction, the diopter kits are normally extra and you can get a range of strengths. The headplay are huge!! and might accommodate glasses (I wear glasses also so am interested in this)
Try the new Dominator V2 w/hdmi out. Very light with built in lens correction for glass wearers. And cheaper than the HD's
Yeah I got the Fatshark Pre and Its ok, I only use the goggles for my spotter and video director, its illegal in California to wear goggles because they block front vision and it seems the only way around it is the FPV goggles with the front came FPV but those don't support glasses either, I guess I will have to get my contact lens prescription refiled. lol

Yeah I got the Fatshark Pre and Its ok, I only use the goggles for my spotter and video director, its illegal in California to wear goggles because they block front vision and it seems the only way around it is the FPV goggles with the front came FPV but those don't support glasses either, I guess I will have to get my contact lens prescription refiled. lol
I wish I could wear contacts..... dry eyes

That's a law I never heard of except for operating a moving vehicle. We use goggles at the flying field all the time with a spotter, difference between commercial and hobby use. The Dominator has IPV adjustments as well as diopter inserts for myopia. I like the Dominator V2 but the HD has an awesome 45º FOV, but the price is kind of steep.

Yes, sadly... the DJI Pilot will never work on the BT-200s until Epson upgrades the ancient version of Android they are using on the device. Even then, unless they get the device Google certified, the maps feature won't work unless you root the device and jump through various hoops. Miracast mirroring might work but there'll be a ton of lag. I don't recommend buying the BT-200s for the P3.

I use the bt 200 on my Ph3. I use the miracast app on the TAB S and bt 200's... works ok for me .. very small lag. But that lag im seeing on the tab mostly.

Very happy with it..

Regs chris

Reactions: dirtdummy
The Dominator HD has the highest resolution (SVGA 800 x 600) that is readily available. I feel very comfortable flying FPV on the I1 with them. For the P3, I bought an 8"Acer Iconia tablet at BestBuy for under $200 CAD since it has an HDMI out connector. Whereas there is no appreciable video lag on the I1 since it is fed directly by the controller, there is a noticeable (1/2 sec ?) delay on the P3 since video travels from controller to tablet to gogles. I'll report back if I can get the P3 to bind with an I1 controller and use it to provide HDMI signal from P3.

I use the bt 200 on my Ph3. I use the miracast app on the TAB S and bt 200's... works ok for me .. very small lag. But that lag im seeing on the tab mostly.

Very happy with it..

Regs chris

Could you make a video like this one, positioning the BT200s so your video camera can see the screen inside the lens? The setup is really simple - it's just a P3 pointed at a laptop screen, and a video camera that can see both the laptop screen and the tablet screen to make it easy to measure the latency by looking at individual frames.

Stopwatch: http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

Could you make a video like this one, positioning the BT200s so your video camera can see the screen inside the lens? The setup is really simple - it's just a P3 pointed at a laptop screen, and a video camera that can see both the laptop screen and the tablet screen to make it easy to measure the latency by looking at individual frames.

Stopwatch: http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

Mmmm getting a camera to take a video of the display in the BT-200's? I think will be very hard..... I'll see wot I can get ... :)

Wow that looked better than the Nvidia shield had with its lag time...very cool I like the idea of being able to see the P3 though the on screen display...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl