Which Direction your Camera Tilts?

Reaction score
I posted here with a possible problem with my camera tilting. Which way does your camera tilt when you move the Vision nose up, and vice versa? In mine, when I move the nose up the camera also starts tilting up and when I move the nose down, the camera tilts down. Looks backwards since the only way to keep the camera stable is by tilting in the opposite direction from the vertical direction of the Vision. In other words, when the Vision points down, shouldn't the camera tilt up and vice versa?

Thanks.

You can't really judge the tilting so much by just holding the Vision in your hand and moving it as it does look a little odd when doing so. The real test is putting it in the air and seeing how stable the up down movement looks in your video then. Mines been pretty great overall tho a 2axis gimbal would have been nice.

Thanks. If you check my other post, my main concern is that when I am up in the air, I put the camera horizontal straight ahead. A few minutes later it looks like it has drifted down and I have to use the tilt to bring it back up.

Watching closer, seems like the camera tries to return to start-up position or close to center of slide.

The camera gimbal is definitively working backwards when trying to compensate for pitch. When the Vision pitches down (forward motion), the camera tilts down more (should tilt up to compensate), and vice versa. I am waiting for Dronefly to diagnose the fix.

See my posting today. DJI and the dealers have a fix for this issue, if it happens to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl