Which controller to buy?

Reaction score
My assortment of small controllers that come with the RTF models is growing. And I am ready to go to a larger bird. I am looking at the Blade: 120SR, 200sr, 360, and 450. I am also saving for a P3. That being said, I want to buy a controller that will cover all these, plus maybe a model or three that are not listed. I have been looking at the Spektrum 6. I would like to buy a used unit. Which one could I get that would fly all these? I would like the bells and whistles, such as ability to fly SAFE mode ships, and a controller that has user friendly controls.

I want to buy just BNF units from now on, as the controllers are spendy, and I don't need all them. If I buy, say the P3, or Blade 450, will the controller that comes with it be diverse enough to run these other models? Or would a #6 Spektrum controller be the way to go? Or should I spend the extra and try to find one better, that has more features?

The Spektrum radios will be able to fly all your Blade products, but will not bind to a Phantom. I would got with at least a Spektrum 7, but the 9 would be perfect. I think you will want more than the 6 channels available on the Spektrum 6 for helicopters.
With a phantom, I would stick with the Phantom radio.
I know what you mean though - too many BNF and you end up with a bunch of radios that just gather dust. I went with the Spektrum 9 for all my Blade and fixed wing models and love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers