Which beaches are drones allowed?

Reaction score
Does anyone know which beaches in NJ, Maryland or Delaware are drones allowed? I can't find in the internet any list that are friendly to drones.

Does anyone know which beaches in NJ, Maryland or Delaware are drones allowed? I can't find in the internet any list that are friendly to drones.
You wont find a list of beaches that are drone friendly. If you search, you'll find places where it's restricted. Like the Town of Bethany Beach, in Delaware. Drones are banned on the beaches and boardwalks there.

Find out where you want to go, then check the town, county, and state rules. I just came back from a vacation in Duck, NC (on the Outer Banks). I checked the state and county sites, then called called the town offices. I was good to go on the beach (and got some nice footage).

Reactions: macoman and BigAl07
You wont find a list of beaches that are drone friendly. If you search, you'll find places where it's restricted. Like the Town of Bethany Beach, in Delaware. Drones are banned on the beaches and boardwalks there.

Find out where you want to go, then check the town, county, and state rules. I just came back from a vacation in Duck, NC (on the Outer Banks). I checked the state and county sites, then called called the town offices. I was good to go on the beach (and got some nice footage).
Duck and Corolla are BEAUTIFUL places to stay and play. I look forward to seeing some of your footage from that area.

Did you see any wild horses?

Duck and Corolla are BEAUTIFUL places to stay and play. I look forward to seeing some of your footage from that area.

Did you see any wild horses?
I need to edit the videos before I post any of them. Got some nice still shots. Didn't see the horses from my drone, but did see plenty of horses on the 4x4 beach.

No one paid any attention to me flying it. A guy staying in the house next door came over to see what was on the screen, but that was it. Nags Head has the only restrictions on drone flying on the OBX, but I got enough flying in just from where our house was in Duck.

I did come across a doe with her fawn that was pretty interested in my P3S. My wife took a snapshot as I was landing my Phantom on the walkway to our rental. They calmly watched it land as it was something they saw every day.
i-gnxkrSs-X3.jpg

Reactions: Bob62
Very cool pic :)

Airmap app is pretty good for showing NFZs try it its free

I have AirMap but the thing is that different counties and states have laws in place banning drones. These laws does not show up in the app. AirMap only follow the FAA rules, not local ordinances.

Airmap app is pretty good for showing NFZs try it its free
I wasn't worried about locating NFZs, they are pretty well known on the OBX. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating any local ordinances. If someone freaked out and called the cops, I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be any trouble. In any case, no restrictions where I was and my neighbors didn't care.

I was about to fly in Bethany Beach, DE this morning. Checked Airmap (who many are boycotting), checked Avare App, looked good to go, googled Bethany drone laws, and got the bad news.
They've got the classic over reach going.
This "you can only fly over your own property" law is a bad one, and would not stand up to a court case.
They keep talking about drones being 55lbs... which is only 53lbs off of 99% of consumer drones.

Looking at Bethany's normal beach rules, it's no wonder, no boats, no fishing, no skimboards, no kites, no ball, no fun, no no no no. and no drones.

Reactions: macoman
Last week I flew at Joseph Silvia State Beach at Martha's Vineyard. It was great. no hassles. A cop stopped by and watched me for a minute and then went after a speeder.

Reactions: macoman
Last week I flew at Joseph Silvia State Beach at Martha's Vineyard. It was great. no hassles. A cop stopped by and watched me for a minute and then went after a speeder.
Martha's vineyard, great area!!!

I wanted to fly near the Aquinnah Cliffs, but there was a light drizzle coming down the day we went out there. Fine for walking around, but less than optimal for flying a drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3