Where to start? P4 camera works but no response from gimbal totally limp!

Reaction score
I just got this P4 showing signs of a crash, IE; landing gear. Question is where do I go into finding the problem of limp gimbal? Camera works stills and record but nothing from gimbal. The gimbal and camera are motionless. Just sits there even during initialization. Moving the gimbal/camera by hand and there is no physical resistance from the motors. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kinda an update:
I just went through and detached and reattached cables and connectors and the gimbal weakly started to function. With resistance on roll and yaw motors for the cam. Turned off the P4 and turned it back on and everything is limp... Again

Kinda an update:
I just went through and detached and reattached cables and connectors and the gimbal weakly started to function. With resistance on roll and yaw motors for the cam. Turned off the P4 and turned it back on and everything is limp... Again
Does gimble calibration work

No calibration didn't recognize the camera. That's assuming I did it correctly.
Does any one have or knows where I can get a gimbal board for a standard P4

No calibration didn't recognize the camera. That's assuming I did it correctly.
Does any one have or knows where I can get a gimbal board for a standard P4
Um,,,does yours look like this.....it also could be ribbon cable at fault,,might be good idea to get a set,,I just buy set for spares ,I put a picture in next post
Screenshot_20190728-101628.jpg
Screenshot_20190728-101602.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This ribbon set I get,,be careful not to buy non original parts cause they won't work due to incorrect spacing of ribbon conductors (male to female matching)
Screenshot_20190728-102806.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT