Where to mount Garmin GTU10

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Garmin GTU10 as a safety in case of fly aways. Where should I mount this. Currently it looks like the belly of the Phantom behind the camera mount is the best and most balanced.

PhantomClark said:
Will the offset mounting location cause the Phantom to become unbalanced?

This is my concern as well. I just got a PV2 a few days ago, and was planning on picking up the Garmin. Could this interfere with the compass and would it interfere with GPS if I were to put it on top ?

I have a P2V and I mount mine on the flat belly behind the camera, seems to be fine. I have my GTU set to report on demand, rather than the other setting sending out a Ping at set intervals. I just check it's working properly, before flying, using the iPhone App.

jengo said:
PhantomClark said:

This is my concern as well. I just got a PV2 a few days ago, and was planning on picking up the Garmin. Could this interfere with the compass and would it interfere with GPS if I were to put it on top ?
PhantomClark said:

The GTU 10 hardly weighs a thing and won't bother balance.

Re: mounting, on top would interfere w/Phantom GPS - it won't bother compass unless you cover compass with it. Using Garmins velcro i just attached it to the side - haven't had an issue with it. You could also tether it for extra measure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl