Where to get the cheapest new Phantom 3 batteries?

Called Bestbuy and was told they couldn't match the price because online it says "unavailable online". Dumb

Actually... no.. I have nothing concrete to base that they are good, bad or indifferent.
I see some say they don't have any problems with 3rd party compatible batteries. Others say they their bird wont even recognize them
I personally just cancelled an order on 2 batteries that I thought were OEM .. they we're priced like OEM but on "SALE" .. It was like getting 2 for 1 ..
A tip from your old pal Bob ... There is no such thing as a free lunch, if it looks to good to be true .. it is .. and OEM Phantom batteries are 150 bucks .. ( unless you can find the one in 100 Game Stop stores that has one in stock for $50 ... in store only .. not online)

I always flew gas in my planes and heli's ... if they ran out of gas or the engine quit.. I could dead stick or auto-rotate back home ..
Your drone quits at 400' from a battery failure ...its a painful sight to watch $500+ fall and self destruct.(Praying it doesn't hit something or somebody)
Something to think about ..

Bob

Reactions: W2JFI
The GameStop battery was original manufacturing and had zero charge. Updated the firmware same as the battery I got oem from best buy the same day with price match. Identical box, battery and charge time. Ran a 25 min flight today shows same life and numbers as all my other batteries

Because of game stop debacle, there may end up with OEMs at prices nearing non-OEM.

Took my iPad into Bestbuy and showed them the Game Stop ad for $49.97 for the Phantom 3 batteries. They matched the price so I bought 2 today.

I only want one to have a total of 4. I also need a better charger. I have the 57w that came with the Advanced. May spring for the charger that does 4 at once.
I have an inverter for use in a car but not sure how many P batteries my car battery can charge before it gets too low to start my car.
This is where the Prius I used to own would come in handy.

Finally got serious about the BestBuy price match so I called them. I mentioned GameStop's ad and they said bring in the ad or they could pull it up once I got there - they had 2 batteries left. Loaded the ad into the Ipad and drove the 50 miles to the nearest BB. Short and sweet, they matched GS's price and I saved $200 on 2 batteries. Worth the 100 mile round trip.

thx for the heads up!! bestbuy in Anchorage matched the gamestop add

13ecc745192b440a01830a212e15a561.jpg

Target and BestBuy are price matching GameStops $49 that is $100 off a battery. I drove 119 miles and spent the day shopping with the family and eating out and got 3 batteries.

Reactions: bob_moodytx
I had NO idea that Target priced matched. We have a Target in my little town. Its not a super target its one of the "alternate" layout Targets. The grocery store is more like an amped up convenience store. BUT !!! They had 2 Phantom 3 batteries in stock. I wont bore you with the details but at first they said no to the price match. The little Ipad he had didnt list GameStop. I walked out, checked my phone and went back in with a page from corporate.target.com showing they did price match to GS. A manager higher up the food chain happened to walk up.. I showed them the target page, the game stop page and badda bing... badda boom.. I am the proud new owner of 2 brand new DJI Phantom 3 batteries .. I paid for my batteries and exited the store with intent and purpose !!

This NEVER happens to me .. Thank you to everyone on the forum for posting and following up. Yes its really true .. you can get an OEM battery for 50 bucks .. !!

Happy Pilot Bob ..

Thank you to IDF70... I even pulled up your post above and showed them YOUR receipts .. LOL..

Reactions: IsraeliDroneFlyer70

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164