Where to fly?

Reaction score
I am from Philadelphia and I already flew everywhere in Philadelphia and south Jersey. Where else I could take the bird to fly? Anyone know of abandoned bridges, houses or any other interesting sites that I can fly near Philadelphia?

Go take some videos in Amish country. Old bridges, barns and buggies. It's not far from you.

If not that, I have an old girlfriend in Philadelphia................

Use Google Earth to find interesting places.

Use Google Earth to find interesting places.

I downloaded it to my iPad and you are absolutely right... found an abandoned tunnel near west Philadelphia. Very useful app for exploring new places.

Depending on where you are in west philly you might be risking your life.

I'm not from Philly but I was there last summer and kinda got lost driving out of Fairmount Park and found myself driving thru the "hood" on the way to the Univ. of Pennsylvania --- I felt like I was the only white guy for many, many blocks LOL --- didnt really feel scared since it was daytime, but I was also praying my car wouldnt break down :D

You were probably safe driving. It's much different walking the neighborhood with the drone. You might return without it.

I am from Philadelphia and I already flew everywhere in Philadelphia and south Jersey. Where else I could take the bird to fly? Anyone know of abandoned bridges, houses or any other interesting sites that I can fly near Philadelphia?
Macoman, I am from Philadelphia as well and am new to flying a drone. Last week I went to Neshaminy State Park to fly in the open area and a park ranger made me bring the aircraft down, apparently you are not permitted to fly drones in their state parks. Since you've experienced flying in PA and NJ can you recommend some areas to go for newbeeies?

Macoman, I am from Philadelphia as well and am new to flying a drone. Last week I went to Neshaminy State Park to fly in the open area and a park ranger made me bring the aircraft down, apparently you are not permitted to fly drones in their state parks. Since you've experienced flying in PA and NJ can you recommend some areas to go for newbeeies?
Sure... Yes, in state owned parks is prohibited to use drones. I recommend you to go to the museum of art, the boat row house near there, Penn's landing, penny park, Penn treaty park, Fairmount park (near the Japanese house)... There are a lot of places that drones are permitted but keep in mind no to go too far away from these locations when you are flying.

Sure... Yes, in state owned parks is prohibited to use drones. I recommend you to go to the museum of art, the boat row house near there, Penn's landing, penny park, Penn treaty park, Fairmount park (near the Japanese house)... There are a lot of places that drones are permitted but keep in mind no to go too far away from these locations when you are flying.
Thank you very much. I'll try some of your recommended locations. Much appreciated.

Reactions: macoman
Oops, I’ve been flying in Presque Isle State Park in Erie, Pa. for the last two days and having a great time. When I get home, I’ll put it on PP.

Oops, I’ve been flying in Presque Isle State Park in Erie, Pa. for the last two days and having a great time. When I get home, I’ll put it on PP.
There are like three or four state parks that have an AMA field inside but you need to have membership with AMA in order to fly there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20