Where do you buy the "Locktite" thats Ok for around plastics at !

Reaction score
Whats the Part numbers and brand of the "Lock tite" thats not going to destroy the plastics in the arms of my P 3 SE....i was at a auto parts store this evening and looked at several of the low strength lock tites and ever one said " Not to be use On plastics " !....I read on one drone forum that a very very small smear of "Elmer's Glue" works nicely on the threads....what do you think of that ! Thanks all who Help me here *

A small dot of super glue will do what you want it to do and won't harm plastics.
BUT......If you ever had to replace a out board engine....How in the whole world would YOU ever break the screws loose to disassemble ....OK have you added a lite dab...and been able to loosen the small motor screws

I've been using Permatex Threadlocker Blue without any problems.
I was at a auto parts shop...and i read the back of the Permatex "blue" locktite.....it says "not recommended for plastics"....if your not having any problems from it.....Your so far very lucky ! Their is a locktite made for use around plastics no help here yet !

BUT......If you ever had to replace a out board engine....How in the whole world would YOU ever break the screws loose to disassemble ....OK have you added a lite dab...and been able to loosen the small motor screws

Yes, It'll break loose just fine. Yes, I have used super glue instead of Loctite.

Another thing. You CAN use blue Loctite for the job in question. Put it on the 4 bolts, let them dry over night. Pop them in in the morning. None can possibly get on the plastic that way.

Yes, It'll break loose just fine. Yes, I have used super glue instead of Loctite.

Another thing. You CAN use blue Loctite for the job in question. Put it on the 4 bolts, let them dry over night. Pop them in in the morning. None can possibly get on the plastic that way.
I read about that installing when that Blue Locktite drys and the guy was a really very knowledgeable on that method and he said If its dryed it was tends to flake off when parts are assembled and its of No benefit at all....using super glue iis out of the question too...."Still Not any numbers or a brand name for the proper one to used around plastic !..come on someone share the brand and part numbers !

LocTite 425 If you insist on wasting your money.

LOCTITE Threadlocker 425,0.70 oz. Bottle,Blue - 2VZD1|42540 - Grainger

If you look into it further... it's basically just super glue.

From the ad: Ethyl Cyanoacrylate/Aliphatic Ester which means C/A glue, which = super glue... Just go get some from the dollar store and be happy. The liquid, not the gel. 1 and only 1 drop. More is not better in this case.

Source/My background/My knowledge.... I'm 47 years old and have been into hobby grade R/C stuff since I was 12 years old. I've had every R/C thing you can think of Nitro, electric, gasoline, you name it. Did lots of modifications, repairs to every one of them. In other words, I'm no dummy when it comes to putting small metal fasteners into plastic and things that can vibrate loose.

What does you "Guy that was really knowledgable" suggest then?

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Don't use LocTite blue around any plastic components. As it's curing the "gases"" break down the plastic if it's close. Rumor is this was a major reason for many prop breaks in-air.

I've used "clear fingernail polish" on components before and only a very small, tiny, minuscule drop. That's what I've used with no ill effects thus far. YMMV though so test and be careful.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
LocTite 425 If you insist on wasting your money.

LOCTITE Threadlocker 425,0.70 oz. Bottle,Blue - 2VZD1|42540 - Grainger

If you look into it further... it's basically just super glue.

From the ad: Ethyl Cyanoacrylate/Aliphatic Ester which means C/A glue, which = super glue... Just go get some from the dollar store and be happy. The liquid, not the gel. 1 and only 1 drop. More is not better in this case.

Source/My background/My knowledge.... I'm 47 years old and have been into hobby grade R/C stuff since I was 12 years old. I've had every R/C thing you can think of Nitro, electric, gasoline, you name it. Did lots of modifications, repairs to every one of them. In other words, I'm no dummy when it comes to putting small metal fasteners into plastic and things that can vibrate loose.

What does you "Guy that was really knowledgable" suggest then?
I have messaged him and ask him to reply about his thoughts on the issue here that you told me about..he said Not to even use it dry and i hope he gets here and has a message back

Thanks BIG A L i think that clear nail polish will work nicely !l......i have read that and thats why....my post asked what kind "brand and part number".....of locktite to use that won't destroy the plastic i have read on a post about one and i think Dji Ken listed it as very high priced and at Graingers !

Using dried up Loctite will cause it 90% of the time to flake away as the screws threads mesh. on top of that we are dealing with fine threads those flakes can damage the fine threads of small screws especially threading into soft aluminum. I use Loctite daily and have been a mechanic almost my entire 52 year life letting Loctite dry before assembly is a NO NO. you can however let it GEL and that would be an absolute limit to permitting it to dry out.

CA is an active additive in Loctite, but its not what makes it hold its there to evaporate and permit drying in a closed thread environment. I would not personally use CA glue to lock threads and here is why, it continues to evaporate over its life span and eventually releases its hold. it also requires very little heat to release. Now here is how I know that I have been in the RC hobby for nearly 40 years I have build hundreds of Planes, many that I built required regluing over the years as frame structures glued with CA dry out completely and let go of the hold they had.

Nail polish will work to lock threads but you need to be just as careful with that stuff because it contains acetone as a curing agent as the acetone evaporates the nail polish dries acetone and plastic are not friendly partners. If your in a pinch and need something to hold threads your in luck if your a fisherman in a pinch I have used fishing line to lock a screw. So here is how I do it I take a 1" length of fishing line drop it in the threaded hole and hold onto the end start the screw in slowly and keep going slowly till its nearly threaded in snip off the end your holding flush with the hole and cinch the screw down 2lb test works well its thin but I have taken 10lb test and flattened it down to thin it if the line is to thick it will break when you start the screw go to fast it will also break. I've even used pine pitch to lock screws in a pinch and a buddy of mine used silicon gasket maker there are many ways to accomplish the task, but if you have the ability to do it right why not do it right. The moto in my industry is do it nice or do it twice, If you don't have time to do it right the first time, where you gonna find time to do it again.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
THANK You So much *Epic Doom* !.......i appreciate Your reply very much and i'm sure many many other do to and will greatly benefit from This Above Post !

Reactions: epicdoom
You may also want to try this product l have used it no problem a bit expensive but at the end of the day you don’t really use much and lasts a bloody long time
a8d61aac00d6d36f487a80e631127d2d.jpg

And yes l know it was posted earlier but it is a reliable product , it maybe a little pricey but lam pretty sure it’s still made in US not China .. and that’s a good thing .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.