tips for attaching things to the phantom - what do you use?

Reaction score
Just wondering what you all use to attach your wireless transmitters, mini iOSD, etc to your phantom. I have only seen people recommend Velcro, but I found the 3M Command strips for hanging picture frames to work really well. They have a very satisfying "click" to lock them in place. They are the kind that you can remove later without residue. I like the idea of not leaving gluey residue on the phantom should I decide I need to reposition something.

here is a link to the product I am referring to. It says it will hold up to 9lbs, so it's very much overkill for the lightweight stuff we are attaching.
http://www.filtersfast.com/P-3M-Command ... fgod2XgAjg

I know many of you use zipties for holding your wires in place under the phantom, but I used the standard black twist ties that come on the cables with just about any electronics these days. Very easy to use and they can be removed and repositioned anytime (unlike the zipties), and they are free. I couldn't believe how much zipties were at my hardware store!

I am sure everyone has their own favorite method for attaching things, feel free to share yours.

Re: tips for attaching things to the phantom - what do you u

It was like $8 for a bag (of 100 I think).....since I only need a couple, it just seemed like a waste of money.

I just don't have much use for zipties in my life....sorry if that upsets you phantasmic.....I doubt if I have even used three in the last 30 years.

It depends on function. My gimbal is bolted directly to the shell. My FPV VTX is zip tied (sorry). My V2 LED is hot-glued to the battery door. I use high strength 3m VHB for the Naza.

3m command strips should be just fine for a semi-permanent attachment. They're easy to find at the store but all foam tape is "easy off" with a few seconds under a hair dryer.

Don't use the hard plastic command strip "velcro" though, that doesn't stay together very well IME.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl