What's the coldest Wx you would fly in??

I've flown in as cold as -20C, just acclimatize the aircraft to outside while you keep you batteries warm in your house/vehicle, and put them in as soon as you're ready to start flying.

I’ve flown in weather as cold as -25C. Would have no problems in weather even colder. At cold temps beyond -30C, wind chill becomes a serious factor as any exposed skin will freeze in seconds so the risk of getting frost bite is high.

Chris

Reactions: OOO
I’ve flown in weather as cold as -25C. Would have no problems in weather even colder. At cold temps beyond -30C, wind chill becomes a serious factor as any exposed skin will freeze in seconds so the risk of getting frost bite is high.

Chris
I usually fly from inside my truck anyways, can see the screen better and a lot easier on the fingers..

Reactions: Rudder Bug
About the coldest I've flown is ~ -25C ..... as another says - its the wind chill that gets you if not careful.

My P3P is IMU calibrated at -10C and I have warmsack for my batterys ... so it means I have minimal delay to actually initialise and fly. No need to hover after take-off ...

I do keep my flights to less than 15 mins though ... not because of battery ... I can still do 18mins or more ... but because of ME !!

Reactions: OOO
Last year I did two 8 - 10 min Litchi missions @ 400 ft. Surface temp was -14C. I was sitting in the comfort of my warm car. I had plenty of battery left after each flight. Those flights were in thew wilderness and there was nothing at risk.

Don't care how cold it is! My Titan Drones external antenna is the secret!! :)

Attachments

• DJI_0029.JPG
    DJI_0029.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 194
Reactions: D0CT0R
I've shot some footage in NH's White Mountains last year at -13F (-25C). No issues whatsoever.

Attachments

• Cherry Mountain.jpg
    Cherry Mountain.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 174
  • Cherry Hill RS.jpg
    Cherry Hill RS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
  • Cold.jpg
    Cold.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Quickie question ...

'Osmosis' ............. do you have a GRP Boat by any chance ? Its the name Osmosis that triggers that question ...

Haven't been on in awhile.
Thanks everyone for the info. you shared. Have not flown yet this year and the temps. here in Wisc., have been pretty mild, as of late. Again, thanks! H.P.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues