What will happen on Jan. 7 now?? Is there MORE??

LeoS said:
rilot said:
Ksc said:

I don't think Colin works for DJI any more.

What? Since when?
He's the western face of DJI... I don't think DJI can afford to lose him and neither can Colin lose his DJI resources.

I agree, if they lose him they lose one hell of a presenter.

Ksc said:
You know what is actually a little interesting....

Christie Woods (seen in this video: http://vimeo.com/63681479 and here: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christie-wo ... =pub-pbmap ) works for BDA, a marketing company. I was under the impression that the reason she was working with DJI was to help improve their marketing. BDA loans out people to work on projects and when their contract is up, they return to BDA.

Turns out. She is Colin's wife. http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the- ... v-2919.php

For those that don't know. Colin and Christie were on the Amazing Race together. They placed 2nd because they had a tire blow out in Dallas.

Colin owned a cell phone store. It almost makes you wonder how the hell he got involved with DJI. If he was fired, did his wife take over for him?

Woah, now that IS interesting. Curious to see how that all turns out. Big business guy or not, they needed a face and Colin provided that. He's a hell of a salesman, they didn't need him running operations. But I was never fully clear on his complete roll in the first place.

To the poster above who mentioned that the announcement is likely to come later. I completely agree. A quick search shows the presentation time for DJI to be this evening. Bigger companies get the primetime :)

Ksc said:
I wouldn't be sad to see him go. He was a narcissist with a Napoleon complex. If you watch the interviews with him, he never fully answers questions.

Y'know, I've never really understood the hatred toward him. He's visible in product intros, tutorials and DJI events, and he does a fine job at that as far as I'm concerned. There is a hatred toward DJI US from ppl who've experienced bad customer service from DJI, so I assume the hatred toward Colin stemmed from this? That the CEO is not growing\addressing the cust svc issues enough?

I think he needed DJI more than they needed him. If they can continue to produce solid products, they won't need a face. (i.e. Apple post Steve Jobs)

Hmm I've sold off all my AAPL cause I think they're just running on fumes. I still do.

I'm always surprised with the number of people who have apparently met and know Colin and speak with such vitriol about him. I'm so new to the hobby, I can only relate to him from the scripted videos explaining the Phantom's operation and the "live" interviews. The one interview that struck me was the video of him trying to explain the Vision to an interviewer that just....did...not...understand 5.8 versus 2.4 and their use on the Vision. In my opinion, Colin showed great patience. Just an impression from snippet of video.

Guess we'll wait for a press release regarding the new CEO, CTO, or whatever Colin is/was, if he's not at CES flying a quad.

Buk said:
I can only relate to him from the scripted videos explaining the Phantom's operation and the "live" interviews. The one interview that struck me was the video of him trying to explain the Vision to an interviewer that just....did...not...understand 5.8 versus 2.4 and their use on the Vision. In my opinion, Colin showed great patience. Just an impression from snippet of video.

Guess we'll wait for a press release regarding the new CEO, CTO, or whatever Colin is/was, if he's not at CES flying a quad.

+1 the guy is a natural presenter. I bet he can even rattle those videos off without multiple retakes. I wish I had an ounce of that ability. I also hope we do see him flying something at the show. Not long to wait now.....

My local morning news showed a clip of the Phantom 2.

You can put me in the Colin fan category. I, too, only know of him through his video tuts. He certainly has great camera presence.

Mmmm interesting. DJI just featured on the BBC News here in the UK from CES. Paul Pan was presenting not Colin. He did ok but did not have the same sort of energy that Colin manages to project.

Live from CES 2014

DJI to cease all operations. :eek:

Couldn't resist. Move along. Just Kidding.

I'm really expecting something other than the S1000 today. Press conference should be over at this point so if anything was released it should be popping up or already up...

The fact that Colin and the normal Austin based DJI NA team seem completely missing is disappointing....

I think they just officially welcomed the vision and phantom 2. If you think about it, the vision was mentioned at a convention earlier last year but Colin just spoke about some things it might have. The phantom 2 has never had an actually introduction. They were rushed to get the P2 out before Xmas and in turn means it shipped before it was unveiled. The event came and went and no news anywhere other than different "reporters" who are talking about the vision and the phantom 2.

http://2014cespartylist.stuntandgimmick ... age001.jpg

Vision folks didn't get their gimbal and P2 folks didn't get their 3 axis. Thus is life. Summer will bring more news when it comes.

i am not in this hobby for long but it didnt make any sense to me that after just launching PV2 and P2 they would come with any new products again only weeks later.
I 100% understand why they did it this way as they wanted CHristmas sales...I would have done it same way....
and if I had a 100% working 3 axe gimbal I would have launched in pre Christmas also...

CES has somewhat unfortunate timing....but guess its about big ideas and those dont get launched overnight...

OHG...this guy cant talk english and has no idea what he is talking about! This is bad news for DJI!

Ksc said:
Gizmo3000 said:
nothing too exciting here
tho looks like they got a new PR guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYzI1EbbHlM

I like how in the very beginning he goes "I work for" then turns around and looks at the sign that says DJI and finishes with "DJI"

He'll be on suicide watch by day 30....

Top 3 tasks of his job description:

A) Answer ALL the flyaway complaints
B) Fix the "skip" bug in assistant software
C) Design Battery that lasts for hours

EMCSQUAR said:
He'll be on suicide watch by day 30....

Top 3 tasks of his job description:

A) Answer ALL the flyaway complaints
B) Fix the "skip" bug in assistant software
C) Design Battery that lasts for hours

He is public relations manager. Only answering questions about flyaway issues is under his umbrella. The bug and battery are R&D and programming. He should know how to answer questions in regards to them though. I will say that I like him better than Colin. The truth is that I have never seen a super sexy woman or a Men's Health cover model type guy flying a phantom or any other RC craft. The RC guys are normally nerdy or normal or even ugly. I am one of those three. Colin was a pretty boy TV star and not easy to relate to. I think once this guy gets a feeling of what he is supposed to do, he will be ok. He is your typical techno nerd and that fits the brand image perfectly.

I am new to this and new to US....so whats the story behind Colin? Who is he? Celebrity?

he was on the Amazing Race a few years back. Came in 2nd place. I wouldn't call him a celeb but I think in his mind he was. Reality TV stars are regular people who just happened to have a camera pointed at them. They are no Robert Redford or Deniro. They are just skid marks in what would otherwise be good TV.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik