What to do about start/stop motor with a third-part receiver?

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a Futaba 14SG but haven't installed it yet. I'm wondering what to do about the Naza 2 start/stop motor stuff: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M-V2_Start_&_Stop_Motor

On the stock Phantom 2 controller when you move the throttle stick below the "stop" the motors will turn off after 3 seconds or so. There's no stop built into the Futaba, so what's the best way to handle this? Without direct access to the Naza (see my other thread here) it doesn't appear that you can change the behavior in the Phantom itself. It seems awfully dangerous when descending...

One option would be to change the throttle curve so that it can't go below 10%. I could then assign one of the switches to change the throttle curve: when you're ready to land you flip a switch that gives you back that last 10% of the throttle so you can actually shut the motors off (pretty much required if you land by catching since you'll only have one hand on the remote and can't do the CSC combo).

Another option may be to just add a beep if the throttle goes below, say, 20% to warn you that you're getting dangerously close to shutting off the motors completely, but this doesn't seem nearly as safe as the other option.

Anyone else have a creative solution to this problem?

OK, I have replaced my control with a T10J and RS7008 receiver or whatever it came with.
There is no problem that you are looking to correct..

The 'stop' is not part of the Tx or Rx.
It is how the Naza interprets the stick inputs (positions).

One aspect is that when the Naza is in "intelligent motor cut-off" mode it will not stop the motors with full down left stick (throttle) unless it is stationary on the ground or in your hand, or whatever.

The other CSC positions will work just fine as well and WILL stop the motors in flight if you activate those inputs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik