What to buy

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom 4. Wanted something to fly so I bought a DJ Spark and Mavic Air. I want something a little larger. I found a Phantom 4 on Ebay with all the stuff to go with it. I guess it is 6 years old. Wondering if I should go for something a little newer. Are the Mavic Pro and things like that a little tougher like as far a she gamble and camera goes. I have all the extras to go with a Phantom 4. Just want something a little bigger.

Reactions: alisomilon
Crashed my Phantom 4. Wanted something to fly so I bought a DJ Spark and Mavic Air. I want something a little larger. I found a Phantom 4 on Ebay with all the stuff to go with it. I guess it is 6 years old. Wondering if I should go for something a little newer. Are the Mavic Pro and things like that a little tougher like as far a she gamble and camera goes. I have all the extras to go with a Phantom 4. Just want something a little bigger.
The gimbal on any consumer drone is a delicate lightweight device.

Just seems like on the Phantom's it would be extra delicate the way it hangs down there. Of course we aren't suppose to crash them. Didn't know if the Mavic were any less delicate. I have bought a Spark and. Mavic Air. I just fell like I need something a little bigger. I have seen a couple of what seems like good buys on E Bay for Phantom 4's. I have the Standard. Thanks for the reply

Do you need a heavier drone to handle windy conditions? If not, it's just a matter of comparing specs and prices. If you don't mind lugging them around - second hand P4s are pretty good value.

Yes. Seems like i just feel better with the bigger drone even through it is more trouble to carry around. Definitely easier to see. Thanks for the advice.

Looks to me like DJI has settled on the Mavic 3 for the near term future. Have an offering for just about the entire consumer-prosumer range. Lots of info on them; check out Billy Kyle's youtube channel for some of the best. I have a 3 and it flies beautifully.

Mavic 3 is the top of midsized DJI drones, in terms of the technology.
But, still I like the Phantom most. I like how it flies, I can see it on a 400m distance or sometimes even much more. I like to hear it from over 200m when it comes home, even I don't see it. I can make a take off from a short grass because of its long legs, and of course primarily because of the quality of pictures which P4P can do.
I hope that there will be no need to replace it with something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav