What to buy to use as a screen on my P4P?

That is the main reason I went with the shield. I really want an iPad Pro, but need to wait to go back to work again before I can swing it. The $130 price for the shield means I can sell it and not take a huge loss on it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I understand that totally, I'm kinda stuck in the Apple eco-system with iphone and iMac also

I understand that totally, I'm kinda stuck in the Apple eco-system with iphone and iMac also

I am also. LoL Bought my MacBook last February and love it. Almost a year later and it still runs like the day it first started up. I absolutely hate windows now and dread every time I have to start one up. Might as well go shave while waiting for it to start up. Lmao

I am also. LoL Bought my MacBook last February and love it. Almost a year later and it still runs like the day it first started up. I absolutely hate windows now and dread every time I have to start one up. Might as well go shave while waiting for it to start up. Lmao

Weird, my pc starts up so fast and runs so fast. Haven't had a apple pc even come close to its performance, although it's custom built. Not to mention, my cousin just bought a $3k apple pc and it doesn't even have enough processing power to edit 4k videos or record videos or livestream. But we all have preferences. I used my k1 tablet for the first time yesterday. It worked well, with no lag, but I was not impressed with the screen brightness maxed out. I'll try it a couple more times to decide if I will keep it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm an Android user but in this case I'm considering an ipad. If you read through the support forums you'll find a DJI rep fielding years of complaints from Android users and part of their gripe is that the issue was fixed months/years ago on Apple. The rep told them that every implementation of Android is different so tracking down problems is much more difficult. I hope your K1 never has a problem. I'd rather buy that if I was convinced it would remain problem free.
Correct there are a massive range of devices using android, and the implementation controls vary widely. This is why iOS tends to be more stable. Apple strictly controls everything.

But these list says that Nvidia Shield K1 HAS GPS. In B&H webpage says GPS - Yes.
I read here that K1 don't have GPS, thats why I deleted it from the list!
If K1 has GPS, it's the best option for me! These GPS works fine with DJI GO? I can't understand why a user (I cant remember who) tells that K1 don't have GPS, and worse is my forgotten to google that :(

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
I'm wondering about that too. The Nvidia website says it has GPS/GLONASS. With all the posts claiming no GPS, can anyone verify if it does or does not have GPS?

I'm wondering about that too. The Nvidia website says it has GPS/GLONASS. With all the posts claiming no GPS, can anyone verify if it does or does not have GPS?
I bought the shield k1 and used it for my first time yesterday. Yes it does have gps. I also bought a anti glare screen protector for it.

Reactions: sdDrei
I've been reading some info on here about tablets to use with my P4P when it arrives. Even though i'm an apple guy, Android isn't a turn off for me since i've used that platform before.

I've narrowed it down to either buying a Google Nexus 9 or an Ipad mini with cellular. I'm probably looking at around the same price range for those 2 choices, so that's not an issue.

What's the recommended or liked platform? I know on some apps, android has more freedom than apple does.

Other than those 2 choices, are there any other options that I can look into without breaking the bank?

Thanks
Vic
Def stick with Apple.

Your tablet choice is subjective! Try some out. The shield is fantastic, so I have one. I usually fly with an Air 2 though. Its personal preference. I will be getting a crystal sky when available though :)

You guys with the k1 Shield tablets, how is the screen's brightness(I ask) because I had the old shield tablet, before using the iPad mini 3, and had trouble viewing anything on the screen outdoors even with a hoodman cover. Is it the brighter than the first version?

You guys with the k1 Shield tablets, how is the screen's brightness(I ask) because I had the old shield tablet, before using the iPad mini 3, and had trouble viewing anything on the screen outdoors even with a hoodman cover. Is it the brighter than the first version?

The new screen is as bright (if not a tad brighter) than my Air 2.

Ok so I don't need to connect it to WiFi then for a GPS signal when flying? I was under the impression that the device needed some type of internet connection to use GPS, either cellular or WiFi.

Nope! With ALL devices you will be able to use GPS without cellular/wifi. However, you won't be able to "download" maps without a connection, so that sucks. But you can still use GPS modes and set home point.

Reactions: VP6799
Has anyone any experience with the DJI device offered as an option for the RC with the P4P. It claims to be viewable in full sunlight.

Has anyone any experience with the DJI device offered as an option for the RC with the P4P. It claims to be viewable in full sunlight.
There are plenty of threads on this. Not being rude but there are many reviews if you go back to the general discussion.

Here's an accessory I suggest: Micro USB Cables 1ft High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B.

I have both a P3P and P4P and I bought an iPad mini 3 16Gb. Search the description in the sentence above on Amazon and you can find packs of six for about $9. Like the proverbial horseshoe nail, the cable is probably the weakest link, so carry a spare or two. Perfect length so avoid dangling cables.

If you go for an iPad later, you can add a mini B to Lightning adapter as I did.

Phantom 3-4P RC to tablet cord.jpg

Reactions: VP6799
Here's an accessory I suggest: Micro USB Cables 1ft High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B.

I have both a P3P and P4P and I bought an iPad mini 3 16Gb. Search the description in the sentence above on Amazon and you can find packs of six for about $9. Like the proverbial horseshoe nail, the cable is probably the weakest link, so carry a spare or two. Perfect length so avoid dangling cables.

If you go for an iPad later, you can add a mini B to Lightning adapter as I did.

View attachment 72200
Is the usb that comes with the p4p a high speed usb?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT