What Tablet Do You Use...? What's Your Experiences...?

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what Tablets people are using w/ the Dji app.

I've been using my Iphone 6+ but looking to get an affordable 7" tablet for more viewing. Wondering what others have experienced.

Thanks,
Mark

I'd like to know as well. Even for 10" tablets. I've also heard that ground station does not work on some because of GPS? Can someone fill me in on that? I don't want to buy a tablet and find it isn't fully functional with Vision.

That was my next question, does the tab have to have GPS....?

Please someone enlighten us

Thanks,
Mark.

I was thinking that since the copter has GPS, why would the wifi device need it too...?

I see that the newer Samsung Galaxy Tabs have GPS.

I wonder what other Android tabs do?

I've tried using my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) with the DJI app and it worked very well although I've not used it for Ground Station. It does have GPS but no phone connection so any maps would need caching on home wi-fi before hand. I managed to find a mounting bracket to fit on the DJI controller too, but have not used it very much yet.

I guess I thought having the camera and the copters stats was ground station.

For ground station are you referring to the map overlay that can be used to set a "mission? I would think if you used the app on on the tablet, on wifi that it would cache the maps for the next time it was used. I didn't even consider that my phone was using data to access maps via the app..?

I was thinking to get the mount that goes on the tab so I can continue to use the dji clamp.

I guess I thought having the camera and the copters stats was ground station.

For ground station are you referring to the map overlay that can be used to set a "mission? I would think if you used the app on on the tablet, on wifi that it would cache the maps for the next time it was used. I didn't even consider that my phone was using data to access maps via the app..?

I was thinking to get the mount that goes on the tab so I can continue to use the dji clamp.

ground station is a feature you turn on and off in the vision app setting.
it is the feature that allows missions but also allows you to monitor the phantoms flight on the map, it shows where it is, direction etc. this is not the same as the video stream screen.

the gps/compass in the tablet or phone is used to help all that function as well as Dynamic Home Point

Thank you.

I went ahead and purchased a Samsing Galaxy Tab. Seems it had the most features for the price.

I'll report how it goes...
Stay tuned.

Galaxy S4 7.0. Has GPS, so I'm curious to see how it performs. It's not the latest version but it was only $105.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers