What spare parts should I have in hand?

Reaction score
I'm heading to Mexico for 6 weeks with my relatively new P4 and planning on doing lots of filming. Wondering what spare parts I should take as I will not be able to replace anything once there? Thanks!

If you've put a few hours on it and all is well (look up bathtub curve), I can't imagine you'd need anything other than spare batteries and the spare props. Unless you 'prang' it, I'd see no reason why it would fail, and if you do have a big accident, I doubt you'll have enough spares. To be certain, take another Phantom...
Do take several memory cards, and something to download them on to.

I have to agree with Alex, take a spare P4. Fly carefully, the P4 usually only crashes due to operator error.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

A set of spare prop installation kits only $3.00 from dji, If you smack a prop you may damage the clips, you will also need a 1.5mm hex wrench and make sure not to overtighten.

Reactions: Mitchpadl
Spare set of props, cable that connects your controller to your tablet, and SD cards...

Thanks for all of the good info. Looks like it's a pretty reliable machine. Also good to know about the spare prop installation kit and hex wrench!

One other item that I highly recommend as without it I wouldn't have my P4 today. I'd buy and install a Marco Polo Lost Drone Tracker. Have a great trip!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mitchpadl
Also worth taking the charger with you at all times. You never know when you run out of battery only to see a perfect location and you left the charger in the hotel hehe. Also get some prop protectors too. In case you want to do a close up of an object

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj