What next

Reaction score
I've been flying my phantom one for a while now and feel ready to upgrade I would like fpv capability vision 2 or 2+ maybe my one flys perfectly should I build on this or go up to the 2 series ..I have a walkera g2 and a mini isod fitted. Thanks in advance

Depends what you want to get out of it over what you already have. I have recently upgraded my fc40 which is basically a P1. So know a reasonable amount about what is possible. Did you want better FPV range? Do you have FPV atall? Better flight times, would be addressed by putting a larger battery in but would not give the same amount of time in the air that a p2 would. All depends what you want to improve on it... Let me know and we can go from there :)

Last edited:
Depends what you want to get out of it over what you already have. I have recently upgraded my fc40 which is basically a P1. So know a reasonable amount about what is possible. Did you want better FPV range? Do you have FPV atall? Better flight times, would be addressed by putting a larger battery in but would not give the same amount of time in the air that a p2 would. All depends what you want to improve on it... Let me know and we can go from there :)
Hi thanks for replying. Yes definitely more range in batt power and fpv I have no fpv at the moment but would like it just to frame shots and keep me updated . iv seen an app where you can preset a course that too would be very useful as I'm not too interested in googles ect just a small screen to check now and again .

No worries! Well I guess next question is how much are you willing to throw at it? If its provided its less than the cost of a P2V+ you're going to get one hell of a lot of upgrades!

Firstly I would have to say an absolute must would be upgrading to 9450 propellers. These allow you to carry an extra 100 grams and give 10% better flight times and at £10 a pair its a no brainer. I would suggest buying 4 lots (2 full sets) of these.

Next for your video transmitter I would just play it simple and go with immersion. They are very good quality and I have yet to have an issue with them which wasn't my fault. Go for a 600mw if you want super long range (1000m+) or the 25mw which is fine for 500m no problem and is CE legal. You will also need a go pro to iosd to immersion fpv lead.

For the screen a lot of people (including me) have been using the flysight black pearl screen. It has a built in diversity receiver meaning you can use 2 different antennas to increase your video range. When buying make sure you buy the 7ch version if you are going with immersion as the 32 ch version is not optimised for immersion. However if you go for a boscam or flysight video transmitter you do not need to worry about which version you buy. These black pearl monitors are very good at what they do but there are cheaper alternatives on the market. But in terms of simplicity you cant beat the black pearl, with its built in battery pack.

In terms of battery packs unfortunately without heavily modifying your phantoms body you will struggle to get close to a P2s battery life. But you can extend it with a larger battery. This is what i use.

http://www.marionvillemodels.com/co...lipo-for-dji-phantom1-fc40?variant=1378382467

This is the biggest I have personally found which does not require modification to the battery door. Gives my phantom (see below for spec) which will weigh more than yours 8 mins to the 20% margin. I would guess it will allow 10 mins + for you.

If I have missed anything let me know!

Another thing which might be worth looking at is upgrading your remote if you want to do long range FPV (500m+). Anything from futaba will take you at least to 1000m and requires no modification other than installing the new receiver. The 8J that i use has taken me to 1600m before.

Another thing which might be worth looking at is upgrading your remote if you want to do long range FPV (500m+). Anything from futaba will take you at least to 1000m and requires no modification other than installing the new receiver. The 8J that i use has taken me to 1600m before.
Thanks very much for taking the time out to enlighten me on a few things .basicly I'm not so far away from what I need. I do have a go pro hero naked and a sj4000 both take decent pics I will let you know how it all ends up many thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20